Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Retrieving specific value from device

Rikbast

Question

Hi,

I retrieved all data of the devices from my HCL with http://192.168.0.33/api/devices and they are written in one file.

Now I am want to retrieve temperature, lux etc from different devices, but I can't seem to find the right way to do it.

If I just retrieve data from one device for instance 172 with call http://192.168.0.33/api/devices/172 it works:

json.properties.value will do the trick

But I don't want to sent commands for each device to retrieve data. Is there a way to retrieve specific values from the all devices json table?

I tried json.properties[51].value, because this device has the header 51 (see code here below), but that does not work.

Anyone an idea how to get the desired value?

Thx!

Rik

Please login or register to see this code.

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Rikbast said:

json.properties[51].value

I understand what you are trying to do... That's on a Domoticz? Never mind, json should actually decode to the same Lua structure as a HomeCenter.

I would guess:

json[51].properties.value

Because "devices" is an array of all your IDs, then per device you have got properties...

• Inquirer
  • Yes! That did the trick, but I should use [52] as the table starts with 0 as first device (the controller).

thx Peter.

Yes, I am retrieving data from HCL to Domoticz and use these variables in LUA scripts.

16 hours ago, Rikbast said:

That did the trick, but I should use [52] as the table starts with 0 as first device (the controller).

Just to be on the safe side:

Each device on your HCL has an "device ID", and that id is:

json[... some number here ...].id

In your example: json[52].id is 172 and this matches call http://192.168.0.33/api/devices/172

The number 172 is "stable" as long as you only do "soft reconfigure" on that device. If you do "reconfigure" or exclude and include, the HCL assigns a new "id"

Almost all scripts on this forum refer to that id (172).

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I will keep an eye on this when necessary. Let's see where I get with these API calls, if the HCL can cope with API call of all devices every 2 minutes.

Next step: sent API Post to HCL to open/close rollershutters when LUA scripts in domoticz says so.

thx!

just maybe I can use HCL scenes also, but I need for example also sun UV index and sun radiation value for controlling rollershutter. I use weather underground in Domoticz, I don't think it is available for Fibaro?