Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote coffee machine with SMART implant?

samuel

Question

Would it be possible by LUA code to detect a slow flashing LED, which is connected to one of the inputs from the universal binary controller ? 

I was thinking to detect a flashing LED from a senseo machine (power on LED)

when not warm enough > it will flash slowly at startup

when the water is empty the LED will flash rapidly.

if the LED is ON then the machine is ready for use.

Then I would like to trigger the "one cup" button to fill my cup of my coffee with the smart implant?

Probably it needs some external electronics, from the input and output. (but thats ok. I can deal with that)

Any change with the new V2 version from the Binary universal controller to control the outputs by the HC2  

Or is input 1 connected again with output 1 ?

alternative is arduino to control the senseo (Wifi)

1 answer to this question

I'd use an arduino. While you might be able to do this using an UBS, it requires some more circuity:

- You can not connect the LED output to the UBS input's, as it requires a potential free connection. So you need some sort of relay in front.

- You need some software to 'read' the LED blinks per second and interpret it properly.

- The "water empty" fast-blink will mean that your z-wave network will be flooded with notifications.

- The water empty fast-blink might be so fast it can't send the notifications fast enough, especially on a busy z-wave network.

Because of the amount of notifications with the blinking LEDs, I'd use an arduino.

If I might propose an alternative:

- Connect the water sensor to one UBS input 1. It's a potential free reed relay. Connect the UBS output 1 to the coffee macihne's circuitry that used to have the connection to the water sensor (in short: place the ubs in between)

- Add a relay that switches when the waterheater is on. Connect this to UBS input 2.

This way you have a better setup that doesn't generate as much z-wave traffic as your solution.  If you hook-up the ubs to an internal 12V power output of the coffee machine you might even be able to determine if the coffee machine is off, by noticing the module is unreachable.