Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alarm System Integration

Chrisjcbt

Question

Good morning everyone,

I'm about to organise a new alarm system for a house we are moving into (the house is in Ireland, but I'm typically sourcing equipment from the UK). The house is pre-wired for window contacts, door sensors and PIR in most of the rooms. I'm not looking to install a smart alarm, but a more standard alarm installation, which I can get events from - triggering scenes in my home automation. Before I make my purchase, can I double check with this group ... the only current alarm system which works 'out of the box' and has good integration appears to be the DSC Power Series, with a Envisalink card.  The newer Neo series is not supported to my understanding?

A lot of the posts I've seen are at least a year old, so I'm trying to make sure my understanding is up to date before we start installing.

Thanks,
Chris

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Sorry to nudge this - but the lack of replies worries me a little! Is it that the Power DSC and Fibaro doesn't work well..... or that there are no other alternatives?

Any opinion is welcomed!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chrisjcbt, I've got a partial integration with a Satel, but I have broken board to replace before i recommend anything.

Satel and Fibaro are good mates by all accounts, and the integration is supposed to be pretty tight.

Also the Satel product range is large, so most anything you want to get for it you can and worth exploring.

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • So, the alarm installer is not comfortable installing DSC, he has only worked with HKC and is asking if I can work with the HKC 10/70 control panel. Has anyone got any experience working with the HKC and Fibaro? I could change the installer, but I'm wondering if there is any integration options first?

@Chrisjcbt it depends what you are trying to do

do you want that all youre pirs and doorcontact are vissible in fibaro?

do you only want to know if the alarm is on or off and if there is a alarm?

some systems have relais wich you can program to switch if alarm is on or if there is an alarm, if so, connecting a ubs to that relais is enough (i did this with my caddx/networx alarm)

do you want fibaro switching the alarm to away mode, some systems alow you to program an input to a key switch, then you can use a fibaro double switch (fist version) or wait untill the inplant arrives

I guess the answer depends on the level of integration you are planning to achieve. I can't help with HKC but I can tell that in my own setup I have used the programmable outputs in my Jablotron 100 system and Fibaro's binary sensor.

Currently I'm only interested to know when the alarm is fully armed so that my HC2 can cut the water in the house after a few hours. This works like a charm. I may be extending the functionality later to raise other scenes too, and only so that the alarm system controls the HC2, not the other way around. I'm not going to allow HC2 to adjust the status of the alarm system. I believe that it would weaken the safety considerably.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks both for the responses. In terms of integration, my plan is fairly simple (I hope). When I set the alarm to Full-Set, then I know the house is empty, so I want it to trigger the "Away" mode. When the alarm is Part-Set (downstairs sensors on, upstairs sensors off), then I know it is night time, but the house is occupied. Also, with the Alarm being disabled, if it is past sunset, then I want the downstairs lights to come on.

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm not trying to integrate all the sensors into Fibaro, or have it capable of setting the alarm itself. I just want Fibaro to receive alarm status messages, so that I can decide on the mode I want Fibaro to be in, or to trigger scenes.

Have a look at Fibaro FGBS-001. It has two binary inputs. You could use one for getting status information for fully set and the second for partially set, given that your alarm system has wired binary outputs for those.

@Chrisjcbt first check if the system you want to buy has the two programmeble outputs.

is use mine for:

if dark and alarm is on -> outside lights on

if alarm change from away to home and it's dark -> kitchen en livingroom lights on

etc