Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Large Screen Control Console

Szadzik

Question

Hi Team,

I have been thinking for a very long time for creating a large touch screen control center that would be wall-mounted and allow me to control all devices from the screen and let the kids turn lights on and of where needed as they cannot reach the switches yet. I want to be able to see the temperature, lights, set temperature and so on.

I currently own a Home Center Lite.

I was thinking of using widgets on a large, 12"+ Android tablet, use tasker to create shortcuts to actions on Android, or using the Home Center web interface.

Has anyone done anything similar and can advise how to approach this?

TIA,

Szadzik

hi @Szadzik,

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A T580 in a TabLines TWE049W wall mount. The wall mount is like a picture frame. I can remove it within seconds to take the Tablet out.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Additionaly I use the tasker app for Android to automate stuff on the tablet itself.

Q&A:

Why not the native Fibaro APP?

- it's ugly, old faishoned and works with fibaro only

Why not an iPad?

- to restrictive, no root access, lock screen can't be disabled, price

What do I display/control with it?

- Roller Shutters, Lights, Fibaro Intercom, Temperature, Dimmers, Wind speeds, electronic Door opener (via Intercom)

BR - Kro

iPad mini WiFi  (old ver 1) wall-mounted 

I would not say it's useful (Fibaro UI is suxx) , but cool, yes ;) 

threy should create a plugin for allonis (www.allonis.com) so you can do what you want

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, akatar said:

www.allonis.com

Node-red dashboard UI, free of charge ;)

sample screens

Edited by 10der

Just now, samuel said:

I like this layout: www.allonis.com

but price....

@samuel @10der it was just an example, you can create youre on screen, if you have a 40inch touchscreen also no problem.

i think it's weird that fibaro does not have software to create youre own screens, even homeseer has that (hstouch)

you can test allonis for 30 days if you want to try….

• Inquirer
  • Thank you, guys. 

I am looking at the designer on HomeRemote and it looks promising. Requires quite a lot of time to make it work, but for now seems like the only option.

hi @Szadzik,

make sure to visit the

Please login or register to see this link.

. They have good examples in there.

The software can connect to your gateway and generate pages, functions, buttons for all your installed devices automatically.

That's a good way to start.

From there on you can strip away stuff you don't need on the screen and arrange it like you want.

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for all the good pointers, guys.

I spent some time on the project yesterday and even though I am only testing it on a Nexus 7, it looks pretty good already. Just as mentioned by @kroeatschge I created my own layout, but simply copied activities from the pre-populated content. 

I used the Google Group to find a series of tutaorias on Youtube.

2 questions

- Once I transferred the project to the tablet and tested the activities, I saw a huge lag between using a button and a reaction fro mthe HCL. Has anyone experienced that, is there any way to remedy that?

- I did not see any of my heating populated in the project. My Danfoss thermostats are curently set as inactive and it was not until today that I realised that. Will they get populated to the project once I activate them? Will I be able to set them up in HomeRemote?

• Inquirer
  • So I have an answer on populating additional devices that are imported into the designer, refreshing them, though, menas resetting all of your layout.

I do not see an option to modify temp values for thermostats, but will continue looking into that, unless you can point me into the right direction.

Remembered I used ImperiHome in the past and started a free trial of their Android app. It is so easy to configure and works without any issues. So far so good. Might be the solution I need.

Edited by Szadzik

hi @Szadzik

for adding new devices:

I do that in a new project, then copy over what I need to my project.

If it's a device type that i already have, I just create a new variable. change the ID to the devicID and copy the control elements (buttons, sliders) in

the main project. Once you get used to how things work it's quite simple.

I have same reaction time from thehomeremote and from the fibaro app. check in the connection settings how often it's refreshed.

But I also have a lag when I wakup my tablet and it has to establish the connection first. It refreshes all HC data  at that time.

Takes around a second or so.

I don't own a thermostat myself but think you can use setValue with it. Probably you find a LUA command here in the forum. The

parameters you have to pass are the same in theHomeremote.

I'm not sure about API calls on the HCL but would think it works same as on my HC2.

I use such an API call to trigger the intercom plugin inside the HC2.

It looks like this. Header collection contains authorization data for the connection

Using this it's possible to do all kinds of stuff.

if you struggle with this approach come back to me and I try to help.

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • Thank you @kroeatschge for the input and offer to help.

I started working on the project in HomeRemote, but using one account to log on to the HCL I started encountering issues with account lockouts and HCL freezes. I looked for another system to test and found ImperiHome. Using a free trial I started setting it up and within an hour had a system set up with a clock, weather for my city and links to pages for each room each including a photo of that room. Each room is set up with lighting and climate control. To be honestly annot see myself setting up anything close to this in HomeRemote :(.

Interestingly, when I called FIbaro support regarding the issues with account lockouts I found out they are caused by 4.504 beta that I'm using and those will be smoothed out by the end of the month. Sometimes HCL will freeze up and only a restart fixes the issue even though I have created a separate account for each device/ application I use.

2 hours ago, Szadzik said:

I have created a separate account for each device/ application I use.

notice: HC does ban by IP, not by account (login). 

Edited by 10der

hi @Szadzik,

I use also a seperate account for the tablet. But never had issues with lockouts. Probably this function wasn't there when I developed thehomeremote interface.

Imperihome is a nice app. I used that before I switched to thehomeremote.

Make sure to check the pricing model before you invest too much time. That was the reason I turned away from it.

Unforunately I didn't buy a pro account before they switched to the monthly subscription. Now they charge € 4.99 / month.

Anyways if someone wants to sell his imperihome pro account (the old one without monthly subscription) send me a pm.

BR - kro

Edit: needless to say there shouldn't be the need to use a different app than the fibaro app. But it's of limited use on the phone and totaly useless on the tablet.

Edited by kroeatschge

• Inquirer
  • Yeah, I noticed the pricing and was hesitant, but upon activating the full functionality for free for 30 days I have to admit I am amazed. I have set up home control, but still looking for ideas on what esle to do with it. I have already tried YouTube casting to my AV Receiver via Chromcast, but new ideas come up all the time :)

I will see how it all goes, but for the time being I am very satisfied with a solution that my 5-year-old was able to learn within a minute.

• Inquirer
  • 2 godziny temu, Remi napisał:

Your ready to show a screenie? i'am curious :)

Sure.

Main screen, living room, bedroom, all devices screen.

Currently no heating as my thermostats are hidden in the system for summer.

Edited by Szadzik
    • Thanks 1

Oh iam surprised, this has a modern look, Looks Pro already! :)

Is it possible to use VD's while customizing? That's one of the things I miss in the Fibaro Tablet interface.