Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hi, where do I get the device template for these devices?

treblade

Question

Hi, where do I get the device template for these devices?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by treblade

@eureka , all templates should be sent to our Support at [email protected] then they are forwarded for verification. Yes, I admit that it takes time to introduce the template, so be patient.

Can you send me a screen shot with the information about the template? I understand that you cannot hide/delete it, am I right?

Edited by T.Konopka

You need to send the files to Fibaro, they should implement it in one of their firmware updates (at least that's how I understand it). 

Can take quite long though.. I'm already waiting for more than a year on a few templates...

1 minute ago, eureka said:

You need to send the files to Fibaro,

You ever try to do this? :D Also you can send this templates to Barack Obama  Tramp. they could have the same result.

• Like 3

haha twice,

I did get a reply, but no implementation :/. If there is another way to disable those annoying notifications, please let me know :)

Edited by eureka

43 minutes ago, treblade said:

That's stupid. But thanks for the note.

Hi @treblade,

what do you considder to be stupid, the reactions here, or the fact, that fibaro never implements the templates, as your user interface suggests to send them to fibaro?

• Inquirer
  • The fact that fibaro never implements the Template !!!
    I think it's a pity that you have a good product and the software is just not reasonable.
    I have a Steinel IS 140-2 Z-Wave here with that I have the same problem. No Template =(

34 minutes ago, treblade said:

I have a Steinel IS 140-2 Z-Wave here with that I have the same problem. No Template =(

I as said before Fibaro robot: you can use devices without templates. add params manually.  Almost the 22 st century.

more than! Fibaro can download any templates without our emails. 

Please login or register to see this image.

see more here 

Please login or register to see this link.

I have been waiting 2 years for this to be implemented:

Unfortunately, Fibaro has solidified in its form and we can not hope for any new thinking from their development department.
    Fibaro is developed by people who can not imagine outside the framework or they should not think beyond the limits.

They should look back on the market and get ideas from the many fresh home automation solutions that pop up. The risk is otherwise that Fibaor will be strived by the competitors. Such has happened before ...

• Inquirer
  • I had a homee before. There was much better support and transparency.

3 hours ago, 10der said:

I as said before Fibaro robot: you can use devices without templates. add params manually.  Almost the 22 st century.

more than! Fibaro can download any templates without our emails

see more here 

ok, so it would be absolutely no effort for them to implement these templates right?

is it also possible for us to implement the templates?

13 minutes ago, eureka said:

s it also possible for us to implement the templates?

Who is “us” ?

you Fibaro developer? You have accessing to HC2 filesystem for downloading files there? 

Fibaro should implement nothing cuz HC2 store own templates as open z wave format what we can download from site what I provided before 

Fibaro developers should simple download ready for use template and store in templates dir (folder)

dixi 

On 9/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, 10der said:

Who is “us” ?

you Fibaro developer? You have accessing to HC2 filesystem for downloading files there

Fibaro should implement nothing cuz HC2 store own templates as open z wave format what we can download from site what I provided before 

Fibaro developers should simple download ready for use template and store in templates dir (folder)

dixi 

Ok, so I can download the templates from that site. but where do I need to store them? I wasn't aware that I can upload templates to my homecenter

In my homecenter I only see a message that I need to download the templates and send them to fibaro so they can implement..

4 minutes ago, 10der said:

(sarcasm)

why all the hostility? Genuine questions from people who want to learn and understand the system.. I'm no developer, just a user who has products which aren't recognised by the system...

Edited by eureka

10 minutes ago, eureka said:

why all the hostility?

no no no!

it's just out pain.

Fibaro asking to send emails with templates but no reactions here

I know where Fibaro store all templates but no filesystem access and no methods for upload to this location...

just sarcasm... :) no hostility at all!

Edited by 10der

@T.Konopka do you know whether this is a functionality Fibaro is looking at?

Edited by eureka

2 minutes ago, eureka said:

do you know whether this is a functionality Fibaro is looking at?

I am not Tomasz but I know the answer... 

Please note that devices added without templates should still work with basic functions since templates give us only visual support for maintaining the device. This means that templates facilitate changing the parameters, however any other functionality should work without problems. To change a parameter, please go to device’s advanced settings and choose “Add Parameter” at the bottom of the page. All the information about parameters of a given device is in its manual.

We can forward the template file to our Software Developers for a review to check if it can be added to Fibaro system within one of the next software updates. We are constantly working on adding templates to our system, but because of large number of such devices it can take some time. I have to ask for a little bit more patience.

21 minutes ago, 10der said:

I am not Tomasz but I know the answer... 

Yeah, I know, but that does not remove my missing template notification, which is really annoying