Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa Skill for Australia. WHEN??!!

Guest sameri

Question

Guest sameri

Vera released their (far superior) Skill for Echo/Alexa in the Australian market back in June.

When are Fibaro doing the same?

I've contact Fibaro support direct and keep getting rubbish answers. Getting VERY frustrating... is it really that hard?

2 answers to this question

Guest fat
  • Inquirer
  • Get the Skaro HA Bridge or download the free BWS Systems HA Bridge and forget the Fibaro skill. You will never look back if you use either of these

I have tried all of them and will never bother with the Fibaro skill again

Guest sameri
  • Inquirer
  • Cheers mate. I'm aware of that option but it requires another $200 piece of kit (on top of the exorbitant cost of the HC2), additional set up time and hardware I need to maintain. I know it is ultimately a better solution but I'm not interested.

I install this gear for customers and stopped recommending Fibaro a while back. They have really fallen behind the 8 ball. Vera is improving at a much faster rate and given the cost is less than a quarter that of the HC2 I'm wondering why people still buy HCs. Specially when new controllers are hitting the market that are also Zigbee, etc. enabled.

/ rant