Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Renaming Homecenter in Fibaro Remote Access Cloud

Wegerhoff

Question

Where can I change the name of my home center in the Fibaro Remote Access cloud? (No idea how I did that for the first one :-) )

Please login or register to see this attachment.

15 answers to this question

You can do that in the newest firmware under settings.

Edited by Thomasn

On 12/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, Thomasn said:

You can do that in the newest firmware under settings.

A screenshot?

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

A screenshot?

Open your browser and access the Homecenter2. Go to configuration/general. In the very first row you can change the name.

Eventhough I have changed the name in the HC2 it isn't changed in the  Fibaro Remote Access cloud. I removed the HC2 form the Fibaro Remote Access cloud and connected again but it keeps give me the serial number as name in the Fibaro Remote Access cloud

6 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

Open your browser and access the Homecenter2. Go to configuration/general. In the very first row you can change the name.

There it's not working...

Yes, it is there, on that "general" tab, but changes there do not seem to affect 

Please login or register to see this link.

On that site, the name of my HC appears to be my mail address == Fibaro ID.

But the "general" tab setting does propagate to the new app, those names match.

10 minutes ago, JWoofer said:

Eventhough I have changed the name in the HC2 it isn't changed in the  Fibaro Remote Access cloud. I removed the HC2 form the Fibaro Remote Access cloud and connected again but it keeps give me the serial number as name in the Fibaro Remote Access cloud

Well, thank you for nothing :-)

I have tried a couple of name changes to make you a "how to" but now my Homecenter2 is also showing up with serial number at the Fibaro cloud login. And even though my Homecenter has a unique name, it is not shown at login.

Well, no problem for me but if I had several Homecenter2s it would be nice with more common names.... can't help you there apparently.

1 minute ago, Thomasn said:

Well, thank you for nothing :-)

I have tried a couple of name changes to make you a "how to" but now my Homecenter2 is also showing up with serial number at the Fibaro cloud login. And even though my Homecenter has a unique name, it is not shown at login.

Well, no problem for me but if I had several Homecenter2s it would be nice with more common names.... can't help you there apparently.

Also here it's not working, i have 2 HC2 that have custom names, but third it's show serial no.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Also here it's not working, i have 2 HC2 that have custom names, but third it's show serial no.

In my case, last week the remote page showed the serial number. Then I noticed it changed to my mail address. Yesterday I renamed it to XYZ on the "general" page, it is still my mail address on home.fibaro.com, but the new app, in "settings" shows XYZ.

I guess the "rename" function is not quite finished yet...

1 minute ago, petergebruers said:

In my case, last week the remote page showed the serial number. Then I noticed it changed to my mail address. Yesterday I renamed it to XYZ on the "general" page, it is still my mail address on home.fibaro.com, but the new app, in "settings" shows XYZ.

I guess the "rename" function is not quite finished yet...

Fibaro start to unfinish many things in last time...

On 10/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Wegerhoff said:

Where can I change the name of my home center in the Fibaro Remote Access cloud? (No idea how I did that for the first one :-) )

Please login or register to see this attachment.

some time ago (year or so) was possible to change names in the cloud, this is why the first HC is using different name (simply, you renamed it in cloud directly). I did that for lot of HCs as well at that time, now it is not possible to change these names anymore, and the new feature "hc name in firmware" is not being (yet?) forwarded to cloud. That's all. Let's hope Fibaro will add this again.

Same issue still today (2023) in Homecenter 3. 

I contacted Fibaro support. They mentioned it will update 24 hrs after you make the change in the General settings. 

Indeed it did, well it took 3 days, but I saw some other messages that the cloud was down. Perhaps it was that. 

Just to confirm, that being patient, does the job. 😀

• Thanks 1

I can confirm @JeroenL post. Yesterday I changed name for my Yubii box and today that name is shown in the remote access list! 👍