Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't change IP address

gbfabiani@gmail.com

Question

I had a need to change the static IP address, but I can't do it. Once the address is changed and the Save is performed, HCL remain with the very same address. 

This current address was taken by default when I went back to 4.07 , upgraded straight to 5.11 and recovered from a backup. I can't change it anymore. It is not a big deal, by I am interesting in knowing if the others  have a similar situation, thanks

giovanni

4 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

This is a tutorial to set static IP

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I believe that you have to do this all over again in order to change static IP address.

• Inquirer
  • I don't remember I had to go through the router in the past . However, last week I went back to 4,07 and after it to 5,11 ( a suggestion from  your support ) , the Ip changed during the process , but I was able to change it back to my original one without going through the router. 

Tonight , before trying the router, I performed a reboot of the unit from the Configuration-General menu , and to my surprise the IP address was finally changed. 

To recap my experience in the last 2 days : I had IP address final .230 , I made a recovery  ( 5,11 always, the 4,07 was last week) and a backup restore. I found myself with an IP final .65. I tried many times to modify the address in configuration lan settings , and every time I saved .230 immediately after i saw on the screen .65 . 

Now, the reboot was made with .65 shown, but the unit restarted with .230

problem solved, thanks

If you want to change your IP address on your home computer, there are few ways that might work for you—some simple, some not. Before trying more complicated/technical methods described below, you can try something that's very easy.

• Simply turn off or unplug your modem for about five minutes. (You don't have to turn your computer off.) In many cases this alone will change your IP address when you go back online.
    • If that doesn't work, try unplugging your modem overnight and checking your IP address the next morning.

To check the IP address you're currently using, simply check through the ip checker tool here

. Hopefully one of these simpler steps will give you the result you wanted.