Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

time valve opens and closes

akatar

Question

I have a question about the heatcontroller,

does the valve closes after a couple of seconds if i drop the temperature a couple degrees (say set it to 15 if the room is 20 degrees?

becasuse i want to do the following:

when someone is in the shower and the ventilation is starting up:

open window (zwave opener)

close radidiator valve (i am not going to heat ouside)

when vantilation drops:

close winodow

open valve

Edited by akatar

6 answers to this question

Hi @akatar I am working on my heating atm, if a room requests heat the boiler will start up and heat only that room (and the shunt room in the future) the shunt room will be our new bathroom.

All other rooms have and will have Fibaro heat controllers, ATM its a scene for the boiler, 1 scene per room a vd per room and a "our house vd".

It has the option to add multiple sensors for room temperature, multiple heat controllers and open door window detection. time of day based, sleep, away, guest and eco mode.

I haven't shared it here because I have no time for support while rebuilding my house and working nights, plus I am an amateur coder and couldn't provide support.

So it's doable if even I can do it ;) 

Jim 

Edited by jimicr

• Inquirer
  • @jimicr I know what is possible, but i like to know if you lower setting in the heat thermostat, will it close in a couple of seconds?

and turning the setting higher, does it open in a couple of seconds?

I use the thermos head to open full and close, delays to prevent the boiler running to a closed system and blowing the safety. In my case it opens and closes within ~10 seconds max after command is send.

I run scenes that make the time of day, sleep etc calculations and if settings ask for heat it opens the valves to max and after 1 minute it starts the boiler. turning off is the opposite direction.

I made it this way because once while working on the pipes I accidentally turned on my boiler to a closed system (even shunt room was closed because off work) and I now know 6.5 buckets came out of the safety :D that also had to be replaced after the blow out. 

I started in one room and  just played and observed. 

If you are interested I can PM you my solution.

Jim

• Like 1