Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 with multiple light switches

Al3x

Question

I seem to have this strange issue with the dimmer 2 module, 

1 light fitting,  2 switches.

if i connect up the dimmer 2 module it works fine etc. The switching however starts to act funny, one switch must be on all the time for hte other to function. If i remove the dimmer 2 module it all works fine from both switches. I connect it up as per the instructions ( i have fitted over 12 of these in my home fine). but this kitchen just doesnt seem to play.

Could it be the dimmer 2 module is not passing power correctly.

4 answers to this question

Guest fat

It sounds like your constant live feed is not being shared as a common bit rather is switched from your switch that must remain on all the time

The other cause could be that the dimmer is being powered by a switched Live rather than a constant

If you switch that switch off does your dimmer show up in the web UI as a dead node?

• Inquirer
  • 26 minutes ago, fat said:

It sounds like your constant live feed is not being shared as a common bit rather is switched from your switch that must remain on all the time

The other cause could be that the dimmer is being powered by a switched Live rather than a constant

If you switch that switch off does your dimmer show up in the web UI as a dead node?

it appears dead when one of the switches is off. I basically have comm going to light fitting with l1 and l2 linked to another light switch. the other lohjt switch has power in com with l1 and l2 going to other light switch. 

I think in a two switch setup such as mine the fibaro unit needs to be in the other switch. 

if it doesn't what are the rules of stealing power from the other gang? 

Guest fat

If it appears dead when one of your switches is off then you are feeding the dimmer with a switched Live rather than a common/constant live

• Inquirer
  • what happens if you get SX and Live the wrong way around. would this behaviour be similar?