Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT001with open window

GasDeKu

Question

Hello,
I have six valves with corresponding temperature sensors, but when I open a window controlled by the FGK-10x sensor the valve does not close.
The firmware is all updated and in parameter 2 the default one is active, but it does not seem to go.
Do I forget something? tnx

4 answers to this question

Hi @GasDeKu,

Open Window is detected by rapid change of temperature, when you open window, not by detecting open window with FGK-10x. This function needs to be there in standalone mode, so that is why it checks for rapid temperature. Maybe try to open window in less populated rooms, if you have FGT there, te check this function. Maybe wait for few min, till this functions kick in.

Regards,

Jakub

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 18 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @GasDeKu,

Open Window is detected by rapid change of temperature, when you open window, not by detecting open window with FGK-10x. This function needs to be there in standalone mode, so that is why it checks for rapid temperature. Maybe try to open window in less populated rooms, if you have FGT there, te check this function. Maybe wait for few min, till this functions kick in.

Regards,

Jakub

Ah ok now everything is clear, thanks. 

Is it possible to create a script that, after 5 minutes from the opening of the window, the valve closes and reopens, resuming the normal programming, always after 5 minutes from the closing of the same window? 

Can you help me do it? I'm not very familiar with lua yet. :-(

When i get home, i can try to create something, but now i cannot. I'm not in the office.

You don't even need LUA to do this.

You can create a magic scene that is triggered by the window sensor ("opened") and closes the FGT (setmode:OFF).

Create a second magic scene that is triggered by "closed" and makes the FGT "return" to its previous state or schedule.

Instead of just "opened" or "closed" you can also select "opened for more than..." and "closed for more than...", but the minimum is 10 minutes.