Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Help with automatic restart of frozen HC2

sir_horn

I have a setup with two HC2. Unfortunately my master HC2 freezes sometimes which causes problems with our heating, alarms etc, especially when we are not home to see this. When we are are away we cannot do the button restart which is required to get it up n running again.

Since we have two HC2 i thought that they could watch over each other and restart the other, via a Fibaro wall plug, if its non responsive.

Any ideas on how they surveillance could be done? My ideas is to set up a scene with a query be sent every 3 minutes and if there is no answer it asks the wall plug to turn off, wait a minute and then turn on again. But I cant code :(

I'm running my HC2 for more than 3 years and so far dint have issue where HC2 would be frozen. I had 2 occasions where I needed to use buttons on HC2, 1st during the update and HC2 loosing the LAN connection (restore from backup solved it) and 2nd yesterday, when after soft restart HC2 couldn't pass the starting service screen. Again solved with restore. Im afraid that without coding it wont be possible to solve your desired scene. But I would focus more on the reason why there is a need to do such a hard restart.

• Topic Author
  • Hello!

Thanks for your answer. Agree that the hard restarts shouldn’t be needed and have but a great deal of time trying to solve it, also with Fibaro support. Will continue this work as well.

The feature I’m looking at would actually help me in that work as well since I’m planning to have me notified whenever it’s restarted and after a while I will hopefully have better stats to locate the issues.

yep, need help from someone that could code this.

Edited by sir_horn