Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Open door, only if closed

snarum@gmail.com

Question

Hi

I have a qubino receiver connected to my garage door opener, and a garage door tilt sensor that detects if the door is opened or closed. I want to make a scene that will open the garage door only if it is already closed, but I am struggling to find a good way to do this. As most garage door opener, there is no open/close command, only pulse that triggers the motor to start either opening or closing the door, so I have no idea if the door is already open or not.

I have tried to make a scene in Fibaro, but in the wizard the door sensor does not have a Open/closed state, only events Opened/breached etc.

Should I make a scene that is triggered when the door is opened or closed that stores the state in a variable? or any other way to do this? I would imagine that this is a common scenario.

Any other thoughts on this? Ultimately I want to make a scene that opens the garage door when I am approaching the house in the afternoon on weekdays, if the door is closed. If anybody has done something similar, please don't hesitate to post your thoughts.

Regards

Snorre

9 answers to this question

@[email protected] just normal blockscene will do

trigger if x = xxxx

and garagedoor is save/clear

then open door  (pulse qubino module)

remember only tick the trigger box for the first trigger device, untick trigger box for garagedoor

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @akatar, but I've tried that to no avail. The scene triggers no matter what. I don't have "save" or "clear" in the list of states for the door, but I think I have tried everything. 

On the device page I can see that the garage status sensor is working, because the image is changing whenever the door is closed/opened.

Is this how it is suppose to look? or am I doing something stupid?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@[email protected] i don't have this door sensor, but if you think the door sensor is not completely supported bij fibaro, sent an email to fibaro with youre complain or use this sensor in combination with a ubs (fibaro universal sensor)

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • @akatar I have tried two different sensors with the same result, so I'm starting to think that there is something I don't quite grasp about the whole setup. In the Event Panel I can see that the events from the sensor are coming in, and the door changes state from Breached->Safe and Safe->Breached.

Does the scenes have to be triggered by an event? I would initially just want to run a scene manually on request, but if that is not a supported I could of course buy a zwave switch to trigger the scene.

I'm using the beta software 4.512. Maybe that has something to do with it. Is there a way to write the scene logic in code instead of the blocks?

@[email protected] i don't know the sensor you use, but if you can't use you're sensor in a blockscene. Perhaps you can use a variable to do this?

variable:

garagedoor --> with variables open close

or

are you sure in blockscene you can not choose for save and breached with youre garagedoor sensor?

@[email protected] in youre blockscene is the trigger "save and armed" this is wrong, can you choose "save"? (so not armed  etc)

if you manually run the event it will run Always!

i just tested it with my event:

if sundawn then turn on porchlight

if i run it manual the light wil go on, run it manualy is not a good test!

Edited by akatar

First create two virtual devices "Open garage door" and "close garage door"

Then create 2 scenes for opening and 2 for closing.

Openeing and closing scenes runs manualy

Executining scenes runs automaticly.

This could have been solved with the use of a Roller shutter controller f.ex. Qubuíno ZMNHCD1 or similar from other producer. I use the Fibaro Roller shutter controller for my window screen and it works very well.