Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

error: couldn't update setting. please check your connection

eureka

Question

Tried to connect Fibaro to my Google Home Mini. I pressed the Fibaro Smart Home button and filled in my login details. It then tries to connect to fibaro but I get the message: error: couldn't update setting. please check your connection.

I checked and my homecenter 2 is hardwired to my router, and my phone and google home mini are on the same wifi from that router.

anyone had this issue and knows how to solve this? Or is this the same reason why IFTTT is not working with Fibaro?

7 answers to this question

Hola, tengo el mismo problema.
Soy de España.
Tengo el HC2 actualizado a la version 5.2 funcionando correctamente remotamente.
Pero cuando agrego dispositivo en google home da error "no se ha podido realizar los ajustes. Compruebe la conexion".

Alguien que pueda ayudarme??
Por favor.

Gracias!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this code.

Hi. I have already solved the problem. I had to reinstall the latest firmware version. 5.20. It took a long time Then I turned it off and went back on. Now it works perfectly. Greetings.

I have solved this problem as well. I was trying to instal version 5.20 but I am not sure I was. because it's stil shows 5.10.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Solved the problem partially ! Had to reinstall new version of fibaro and restart all devices, then it partially worked.

However!!!  

The thing is, that I only see the lights being connected. I also see my alarm buzzer/sirene but that is it. 

Other devices that I have on fibaro system are:
    - Thermostat
    - fibaro heat controllers
    - fibaro door/window sensor
    - fibaro motion sensors
    - fibaro smoke sensor
    - Co sensor
    - scenes

All these items are not available in google home app. I also tried to start a scene by saying

Hey Google, activate/start [scene name].
    Hey Google, activate/start [scene name] in [room name].
      Google home said it could not help me with that. So it looks like not everything is syncing. I already asked google to sync my devices but they are still not showing up.

Anyone else had this issue and knows how to solve it?
    Edited by eureka

Guest Turmoil

One reason I had for failing to update settings is when I had remote access set to NO (see Configuration -> LAN settings). Prior to Google Home I was always accessing the HC2 as a local resource (through VPN on my router).

With google assistant I allocated a new non-admin user id. What I failed to do was tick all the appropriate devices etc in the access rights for this new user. These unchecked devices, scenes do not then appear in the Google Assistant.

Having said that, I have now upgraded to 4.530 and am having the same problem again