Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Philips Hue plugin for HC2 goes in connection timeout error

OlaDola

Question

I have tried for several weeks to get the Philips Hue plugin for HC2 to work stabile, but after anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 days after configuring it, it gives error message "Connection Timeout Error" and stops working. I then have to delete and re-add/configure the plugin to make it work again.   It works fine for the 5 minutes to 3 days before it goes into connection timeout error. 

I have tried static IP-address on Homebridge, rebooting everything, updating HC2, and even changing Zigbee channels (which is probably not the problem as it seems to be between HC2 and the Hue bridge).

Anyone have any solution for this?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I have the same problem, it’s really annoying having to reboot the fibaro hc2 each time to solve it...

@Oladola

@pålw

Did anyone of you figure this out?

I have noticed that if you use "turnOn" and "turnOff" only, it will connect and work without problems.

But if I try to do more "advanced" stuff with the rgb ligths, like changing hue/saturation on multiple bulbs/strips, then it will stop responding (loose connection)

Guest sebco

And here is February 2020, the issue with this plugin persists, and Fibaro is happy to announce HC3.

This is getting more and more annoying.

I recently purchased a HC3, and I'm also trying to control Hue lights with it.

It works like a charm, for a while, then the plugin is stuck saying connection timeout error.

Btw, I have created LUA scripts that allows my Walli switch to dim up/dim down Hue lights... it works really nicely. If anyone needs that, let me know and I'll post them.

Just wish that the plugin would be stable.

I have also the same problem, its very annoying. I use hue lights with Fibaro lua scripts almost a year and this problem is something from the last 2 months. I use version 4.581 beta, I think I try a restore to version 4.560.