Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Stav242

1 channel stopped working.

Question

I've got a Fibaro Double Switch 2 ZW5 , and (CH2) has stopped working. It was ok for about 2 months running an air extractor fan motor and just recently has stuck in the always on setting. 

I'm using smartthings V3 hub, tried excluding the whole switch and re-adding, still the same. Can't get a response from the second channel. It's just says not responding.

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Stav242 said:

I've got a Fibaro Double Switch 2 ZW5 , and (CH2) has stopped working. It was ok for about 2 months running an air extractor fan motor and just recently has stuck in the always on setting. 

I'm using smartthings V3 hub, tried excluding the whole switch and re-adding, still the same. Can't get a response from the second channel. It's just says not responding.

Any ideas?

You should slave a relay to switch a inductive load like a extractor fan. As the manual says Switch 2 designed for resistive loads, use it on inductive loads and the contacts may weld.

Smack the module with a screw driver handle may knock them loose but thats a short term fix.

Depending on the wattage of the fan  a Dimmer 2 would switch it if you haven’t the room for a extra slave relay.