Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
vincentfibaro

Danfoss HC10 (heat controller) inclusion successful but not visible as device.

Question

Hello All,

Just bought 2x Danfoss HC10 controller.

When i try to include them in fibaro the learning process goes well and ends with success. 

but afterwards the HC10 is not visible as device. I tried a couple of times and fibaro gives the HC10 every time a new device ID.

Any one successful including this controller in the HC2?

2 answers to this question

There are 2 different Hydronic Controller from Danfoss in the market

- HC10 belonging to the Danfoss "Link system", infact a closed system based on ZVWAVE, but not accessable for the open standard and not working with HC2 (cheaper device)

- DANEHC (014G0205) belonging to the open ZWAVE protocol, can be integrated into HC2 and basic commands can be set.

Now the big BUT:

I have DANEHC included well, parameters are also transfered proper like valvetype, everything is working, Controller acts in the beginning accordingly, but after a view hous the system collaps and a hardware failure will be shown on the device itself by LED Code.

At the HC2 no alert, nothing is shown, but the behaviour of the valves versus temperature is wired.

BTW the actuators are "normally open" from Danfoss (NO 088H3141), therefore I can easily pull the 230V plug to bypass the Hydronic controller.

I spent already hour and days to fix it without success. Danfoss offers a lousy support and argue this product is OEM related and therefore they are not responsible. They referr to a software issue from the HC2.

The recommended Assosiations in LUA from ZWAVE Europe support did not work out.

Buttom line I cannot recommend the DANEHC to use in combination.

In case someone has a solution its highly appreciated.

• Inquirer
  • On 12/16/2018 at 12:41 PM, Donau said:

There are 2 different Hydronic Controller from Danfoss in the market

- HC10 belonging to the Danfoss "Link system", infact a closed system based on ZVWAVE, but not accessable for the open standard and not working with HC2 (cheaper device)

- DANEHC (014G0205) belonging to the open ZWAVE protocol, can be integrated into HC2 and basic commands can be set.

Now the big BUT:

I have DANEHC included well, parameters are also transfered proper like valvetype, everything is working, Controller acts in the beginning accordingly, but after a view hous the system collaps and a hardware failure will be shown on the device itself by LED Code.

At the HC2 no alert, nothing is shown, but the behaviour of the valves versus temperature is wired.

BTW the actuators are "normally open" from Danfoss (NO 088H3141), therefore I can easily pull the 230V plug to bypass the Hydronic controller.

I spent already hour and days to fix it without success. Danfoss offers a lousy support and argue this product is OEM related and therefore they are not responsible. They referr to a software issue from the HC2.

The recommended Assosiations in LUA from ZWAVE Europe support did not work out.

Buttom line I cannot recommend the DANEHC to use in combination.

In case someone has a solution its highly appreciated.

‘Thank you so much for this information. It’s correct I had the 014G0100 which is the link version and not zwave.

now I have the 014G0210 and inclusion was easy.  After a while i also get red led flashing I thought this was caused by having the controller laying on my desk and the actuator also.

My thought about this was, I set the temperature setpoint to 25degrees, the controller opens the valves and after a while the controller notices the temperature not changing and the controller enters error mode. Hopefully somebody can confirm this hypothesis?

in fibaro when you add the setpoint and heating on/off buttons to the correct room they should work. I have no Lua script at all. 

in your case stupid question but the this 014G0210 is for Standard set to NC actuators and you use NO versions. You must change parameter 1 from 0 to 1.

maybe this causes your issue as the controller thinks you are heating but actually your valves are closed.

another questions do you also find 11 thermostats setpoint buttons, 11 heating/off buttons and 2 on off relais?

did you find out why there are 11 of each while there are only 10 outputs?