Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0
vincentfibaro

Danfoss HC10 (heat controller) inclusion successful but not visible as device.

Question

Hello All,

 

Just bought 2x Danfoss HC10 controller.

 

When i try to include them in fibaro the learning process goes well and ends with success. 

but afterwards the HC10 is not visible as device. I tried a couple of times and fibaro gives the HC10 every time a new device ID.

 

Any one successful including this controller in the HC2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

There are 2 different Hydronic Controller from Danfoss in the market

- HC10 belonging to the Danfoss "Link system", infact a closed system based on ZVWAVE, but not accessable for the open standard and not working with HC2 (cheaper device)

- DANEHC (014G0205) belonging to the open ZWAVE protocol, can be integrated into HC2 and basic commands can be set.

 

Now the big BUT:

I have DANEHC included well, parameters are also transfered proper like valvetype, everything is working, Controller acts in the beginning accordingly, but after a view hous the system collaps and a hardware failure will be shown on the device itself by LED Code.

At the HC2 no alert, nothing is shown, but the behaviour of the valves versus temperature is wired.

BTW the actuators are "normally open" from Danfoss (NO 088H3141), therefore I can easily pull the 230V plug to bypass the Hydronic controller.

 

I spent already hour and days to fix it without success. Danfoss offers a lousy support and argue this product is OEM related and therefore they are not responsible. They referr to a software issue from the HC2.

The recommended Assosiations in LUA from ZWAVE Europe support did not work out.

Buttom line I cannot recommend the DANEHC to use in combination.

In case someone has a solution its highly appreciated.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 12/16/2018 at 12:41 PM, Donau said:

    There are 2 different Hydronic Controller from Danfoss in the market

    - HC10 belonging to the Danfoss "Link system", infact a closed system based on ZVWAVE, but not accessable for the open standard and not working with HC2 (cheaper device)

    - DANEHC (014G0205) belonging to the open ZWAVE protocol, can be integrated into HC2 and basic commands can be set.

     

    Now the big BUT:

    I have DANEHC included well, parameters are also transfered proper like valvetype, everything is working, Controller acts in the beginning accordingly, but after a view hous the system collaps and a hardware failure will be shown on the device itself by LED Code.

    At the HC2 no alert, nothing is shown, but the behaviour of the valves versus temperature is wired.

    BTW the actuators are "normally open" from Danfoss (NO 088H3141), therefore I can easily pull the 230V plug to bypass the Hydronic controller.

     

    I spent already hour and days to fix it without success. Danfoss offers a lousy support and argue this product is OEM related and therefore they are not responsible. They referr to a software issue from the HC2.

    The recommended Assosiations in LUA from ZWAVE Europe support did not work out.

    Buttom line I cannot recommend the DANEHC to use in combination.

    In case someone has a solution its highly appreciated.

     

     

    ‘Thank you so much for this information. It’s correct I had the 014G0100 which is the link version and not zwave.

    now I have the 014G0210 and inclusion was easy.  After a while i also get red led flashing I thought this was caused by having the controller laying on my desk and the actuator also.

    My thought about this was, I set the temperature setpoint to 25degrees, the controller opens the valves and after a while the controller notices the temperature not changing and the controller enters error mode. Hopefully somebody can confirm this hypothesis?

     

    in fibaro when you add the setpoint and heating on/off buttons to the correct room they should work. I have no Lua script at all. 

     

    in your case stupid question but the this 014G0210 is for Standard set to NC actuators and you use NO versions. You must change parameter 1 from 0 to 1.

    maybe this causes your issue as the controller thinks you are heating but actually your valves are closed.

     

    another questions do you also find 11 thermostats setpoint buttons, 11 heating/off buttons and 2 on off relais?

    did you find out why there are 11 of each while there are only 10 outputs?

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    In fact Normally Open (NO) has to be programmed by parameter 1 in HC2, as default is 0, means NC. This is working well.

    I do not share your opinion about the failure modes due to not connected actuators, in my case i get the error in mounted and unmonted condition.

    Overall there is no temperature measurement possbile by the actuator (NO / NC valve), according Danfoss service, the HC10 is just checking the resistance of a thermal actuator.

    The room temperatur signal have to be submitted by external/additional sensor like RS-Z.

     

    I also discovered the 11 switches in the HC2 interface. But they start to count with 0 till 11, means in total 12.

     

    In case you get it run, w/o failuremode please share your solution.

     

    Edited by Donau

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

     

    1 hour ago, Donau said:

    In fact Normally Open (NO) has to be programmed by parameter 1 in HC2, as default is 0, means NC. ...

     

    I´m not sure I follow/understand you correctly on this. My understanding is that NO/NC is related to the actuator/valve - which could be one of many brands and all wired - and not the Danfoss HC. The parameter you set in the Danfoss HC for the device should simply match the type NO/NC of the actual actuator/valve. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    You are right, there are 2 different types of actuators (NC and NO) all of them are wired, NC is the default for the HC10. In case you connect a NO you have to set parameter 1 to value "1" means NO is connected.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Hello All,

     

    To be complete, what i see..

     

    11x setpoint

    11x on/off

    2x relais (for boiler)

     

    Somewhere in a Danfoss HC10 guide I found a sentence about the HC10 doing a link check every 90minutes. Can this be the cause of the error? Do we need to write some script to poll the HC10 or to resend the set point every x minutes?

     

    Wil do some further testing the coming days. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Failuremode  is still the same, after certain time the controller starts alerting by blink codes (valve related issue, acc. ZWave manual), most of the time all valves will be closed during this alert period.

    After manual change of the the temp, not by heating panel, the failure temporarily disappear.

     

    After several weeks investigation I cannot recommend the DANEHC10 in combination with Fibaro DANEHC10

    - Danfoss can not support problem solving, as device is OEM and not Danfoss (Danfoss label on top)

    - Fibaro Germany denies any support, as the component is not their own brand

    - Zwave Europe, tried to support with LUA scripts, but no solution was found and no further idea

     

    Overall I got the impression the DANEHC10 is not working sustainable with the Fibaro HC2, beside pairing.

    I also did not found one user who confirmed a proper interaction between HC2 and DANEHC10

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 18 hours ago, Donau said:

    Failuremode  is still the same, after certain time the controller starts alerting by blink codes (valve related issue, acc. ZWave manual), most of the time all valves will be closed during this alert period.

    After manual change of the the temp, not by heating panel, the failure temporarily disappear.

     

    After several weeks investigation I cannot recommend the DANEHC10 in combination with Fibaro DANEHC10

    - Danfoss can not support problem solving, as device is OEM and not Danfoss (Danfoss label on top)

    - Fibaro Germany denies any support, as the component is not their own brand

    - Zwave Europe, tried to support with LUA scripts, but no solution was found and no further idea

     

    Overall I got the impression the DANEHC10 is not working sustainable with the Fibaro HC2, beside pairing.

    I also did not found one user who confirmed a proper interaction between HC2 and DANEHC10

     

     

    Hello Donau,

     

    As a test I wrote a little lua script sending every 60 minutes the setpoint to the Danfoss HC10 corresponding zone and that seems to solve the problem.

    Currently running for 24 hours without the red led of dead :) 

     

    So my best guess would be that the Danfoss CC link (master controller) sends the setpoint on a regular base to the Danfoss HC10. 

    My next goal would be to write a lua script which:

     

    a. Requests the setpoint from the heating panel

    b. Sends this setpoint every 60minutes to the Danfoss HC10 corresponding zone

    c. Detect when the (heating panel) setpoint changes and send this within 2 minutes to the Danfoss HC10

     

    Will update you when I tested this.

     

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Donnau,

     

    one more thing that supports my theory.

     

    You have normally open valves and you say  “all valves will be closed during this alert period” 

     

    while my normally closed actuators also close during this alert period.

     

    I'm guessing that this is a protection from Danfoss when connection to master controller is lost all connected valves close. In your case they get powered to close, in my case the power is cut off to close.

     

    this avoids the room heating up uncontrolled during an communication error. Makes sense right?

    Edited by vincentfibaro

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    I share your opinion, at least sounds plausible in the effect we are observing.

    Can you please share the lua script you have done to exchange the setpoint value.

     

    In case this will solve the issue, I have no idea how a lua script will look like, considering the interaction with the "heating panel" and in addition the manual adjustments from the room sensors.

     

    Thanks for your deep dive.

    On 1/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, vincentfibaro said:

    a lua script which: 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 1/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Donau said:

    I share your opinion, at least sounds plausible in the effect we are observing.

    Can you please share the lua script you have done to exchange the setpoint value.

     

    In case this will solve the issue, I have no idea how a lua script will look like, considering the interaction with the "heating panel" and in addition the manual adjustments from the room sensors.

     

    Thanks for your deep dive.

     

     

    working on the lua script, seems if you hand set the zone for the danfoss the heating panel does not set them anymore.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    I am also following this with interest as I am looking for a floor heating system working with Fibaro.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    hi, thanks for all the info.

     

    I also thinking about adding the DANEHC device to my fibaro setup.

     

    what kind of valves are you using? could you post some pictures?

     

    thanks upfront

     

    Martijn

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Hello, 

     

    I used NC valves from danfoss 088H3140.

     

    As mentioned in post above its important to send the setpoint to each zone every 60 minutes to keep the controller functioning.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Hello

     

    Have any luck connected DANEHC (014G0210) to Fibaro HC2?

    Can you share please your Lua script?

     

    Thank you.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Hi, 

     

    Don't know if any of you can help me.

     

    Just installed Danfoss HC 5 and bought valves and temperatur sensors. 

     

    This is how it looks after having been added to HCL (see attached)

     

    My question is how do I link the temperatur sensor, in the room is wish to control the heating, to the valve/setpoint? 

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Hi Jacob,

     

    You probably need to script this in lua yourself.

    I'm planning to do the same, but took a break from it. I will have temp sensors per room as well and a device that controls (turns on/off) the central heating.

    If any of the rooms are below the setpoint of the temp sensor, the central heating should turn on and the floor heating valves should open.

    Also keep in mind to open all valves at night for an hour or so to pump around water in the system. Turn off the pump when all valves are closed.

     

    For controlling first find out the correct id's of your zones.

    Example:

        fibaro:call(299, "setMode", 1)
        fibaro:debug('Turning on zone 299')

     

        fibaro:call(299, "setMode", 0)
        fibaro:debug('Turning off zone 299')

     

    Keep in mind that these probably NO valves have a state of opened or closed and nothing in between.

    So when you need heating, open the valve, when no heating is needed, close the valve.

     

     

    My complete lua script for controlling the floor heating is not finished and havent worked on it for months, so probably its in a bad state now. But I am including it because it may give you some pointers/ideas.

     

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Hi, 

     

    I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Fibaro and only got a Home Center Lite and can't do Lua. 

     

    I got 4 rooms with floor heating that I'm looking to control and bought the Danfoss Heat Controller (HC5) and 4 Danfoss actuators (Danfoss TWA-A NC 24 V) and also got 4 Danfoss RS. 

     

    Is it not possible to connect/link on Danfoss RS with one given Danfoss actuator connected to the heat controller?

     

    If I just set up 4 separate zones in heating panel how will it know what the temperature is in the 4 zones/room and know when to open or close? Will it rely on the the main temperatur sensor for each zone/room which is a Danfoss RS?

     

    If so then I imagine you can just use the "Termostat and heating" plugin so you can force zone temp as set on the Danfoss RS.  

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    I’m also not an expert on this device (yet) and when I was looking into it, not much could be found on it either. 

     

    as far as I understand it, you cannot do what you ask for. I could be wrong, its also what I wanted to do at first, but didnt get that working.

    maybe a good reason to upgrade to hc3?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


    ×
    ×
    • Create New...