Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote access not working

Dodo99

Question

Hi,

After latest update i cant connect to my fibaro outside my lan.

ios app and home.fibaro cant connect over internet. Inside my network evrth works normal...

i didnt change any network settings so i think thats not a problem...

is anybody else having problems?

10 answers to this question

Hi,

I am also having intermittent problems, since having my Home Centre 2 Replaced this new unit on 4.520 won't connect to id.cloud either, it will connect for maybe a day and if i reboot the unit or my internet goes offline and back online it refuses to connect.

My old unit worked perfectly even behind my firewall and no network settings have changed so i know it isn't my network. I have lodged a case with Fibaro but not much yet as they said they could see it registered on their servers, but just waiting on an update from them.

Edited by rowlandm

I have the same problem.

I also have a backup with the old firmware in the cloud so I can´t access it. :-[

Anyone out there with a good idea to solve the problem?

• Inquirer
  • So it started working, how I don't know...

I contacted Fibaro support but they just gave me generic answer to set Static IP and DNS server (which was set before), i restored latest backup didn't help, so yesterday I restarted device few times and it started worked (Of course I restarted it before...)

Same here. I restarted the HC2 several times. Reinstalled the IOS app a couple of times. I can reach the HC2 through dom.fibaro.com, but not from the IOS device, neither via my Fibaro ID, nor, if I skip the Fibaro ID, locally. Really frustrating.

P.S. It's not just my iPhone, it's also my iPad that doesn't connect.

P.P.S. Funny thing, the app on my wife's iPhone is still working.

Edited by hetbeest

Same issue here! Afeter updating no remote access neither from Iphone nor android! 

Hello,

I've had this problem recently after changing my time settings. After router and fibaro home center device restarts, remote access was still not working. It started working only after setting my time to be downloaded instead of being manually set.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:20 PM, AndreiU said:

Hello,

I've had this problem recently after changing my time settings. After router and fibaro home center device restarts, remote access was still not working. It started working only after setting my time to be downloaded instead of being manually set.

I must say the same issue started on all my devices yesterday evening, a few seconds after I corrected manually the time of my HCL. It was running 5 minutes behind.

Of course it has to restart when you change the time setup.

All remote access was lost immediately to all devices, even Amazon Alexa skill couldn't connect.

(Local LAN access still worked)

I just found this thread and switching back to NTP (remote) time setup (with mandatory reboot of the HCL) fixed it right away.

Any idea why TIME SETTING and REMOTE ACCESS are connected ?

I was not even thinking to connect both events...

Thanks anyway

having the same issue here, hate to try the NTP setting on my HCL.

Did so and now Time and weather based scenes go nuts..... switching back to manual time setting leaves the scenes going crazy...

guess what..... weather dependencies were gone in all the weather related scenes :-(

Edited by kunoch