Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Timeline for heatcontroller update to 4.5

Guest kallecux

Question

Guest kallecux

I'm happy about these extensions and would like to test them:

• Displaying the temperature from the built-in sensor for FIBARO Heat Controller in version 4.5 or higher.
  • Displaying status of the temperature sensor in the advanced configuration of FIBARO Heat Controller.
  • Saving measurements of both types of the temperature sensor for FIBARO Heat Controller.

10 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, kallecux said:

Displaying the temperature from the built-in sensor for FIBARO Heat Controller in version 4.5 or higher. 

I'm not happy about this feature. As everything measured near radiator it will probably be inaccurate. I'm confident, that Fibaro developers and guys they work with did their best, but i do not trust device, that measured right next to source of heat.

25 minutes ago, kallecux said:

Displaying status of the temperature sensor in the advanced configuration of FIBARO Heat Controller.

That Feature i like. If  it is possible to get signal strenght there, then it will become great.

26 minutes ago, kallecux said:

Saving measurements of both types of the temperature sensor for FIBARO Heat Controller. 

Ok, i'm neutral with this feature.

I'm trying to update my FGT-001 from FW 4.3 to 4.5, but I keep getting this error:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_02/image.png.d29a5d8727ddcc8028bf079807e68663.png" alt="image.png.d29a5d8727ddcc8028bf079807e68663.png" />

I've tried to Soft Reconfigure the device, and reboot HC2, prior to the FW update attempt. But with no luck...

I'm running HC2 with FW 4.530.

The battery in the FGT-001 is fully charged, and the distance to the HC2 is roughly 3 meters.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to update my FGT-001 from FW 4.4 to 4.5, it says "Status: downloading..." for a very long time and after that it goes back to "Status : available"

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_02/picture.png.3df51da0d8e9d8fde542a4d3f6eb96ad.png" alt="picture.png.3df51da0d8e9d8fde542a4d3f6eb96ad.png" />

also my firmware failed in my heatcontroller, goes well with downloading, and updating, but get an error at the last cycle of the update

I have an FGT with v4.0. I tried many times to upgrade to v4.4 without succeeding (Same problem as Samuel describes). 

When v4.5 came out I tried again, but the same thing happened. 

Now I’ve given up on Fibaro, and I’ve replaced my slow and crappy HCL with an Athom Homey. The FGT works with the Homey, so I’ll keep using it on v4.0 for the time being. 

Edited by kln66

Upgrade 4.x to 4.5

I have had this problem and raised a ticket with the Support team. If you installed the Device with Security Enabled you will have to remove the device, add it without Security and then Upgrade. If you then want the device in Security mode, you will have to remove and reinstall the device after the Firmware Update. 

• Like 1