Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Flashing every few minutes for no obvious reason

Test471

Question

Hi

I have door sensor 2 and it works fine (reporting temp and open/closed status) but every few minutes (5-10 don't know exactly) it starts flashing for no obvious reason (door closed and nobody it touching it). It is flasnihg first slow for about 8-10 times and then it starts flashing fast for another ~5 secs. I tried to reset both sensor and controller (using Aeotec stick with hassio) but it did not help. Also it is making this flashing when I open the door for first time after few minutes. If I open the door and close it several times in a row then there is no flashing but if door remains closed for several minutes and then I open it then it starts flashing.

Any idea what it might be?

2 answers to this question

Hello @Test471

I had the same behavior with a new doorsensor. Time between flashing was about 3-4 minutes. I had empty battery after 3 weeks. New battery last longer but I was worry about that. I tried same things like you but in the end the support recommended me to return it to my supplier what I did. I think it is a malfunction of the device which drains the battery to fast. I whould return it if possible.

Best regards

As far as I know it happens when the sensor is waking up and unable to communicate properly with controller.

There two ways to stop flashing, close/open the door twice or press action button ( I think three times in 1 second)

Did you try to exclude/include the sensor?

BTW another idea is to set wake up interval to 0, just for test. Please note the wake up valid interval is in steps  of 4 minutes. (4,8,12,16.....)

Edited by cag014