Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Toggle Wall Plug with Smoke Sensor as thermostat?

Lars-66

Question

Hi all!

Can I use the the thermal sensor in the Fibaro Smoke Sensor to trigger a Fibaro Wall Plug?
Example; Switch on when temperature goes below 18°C and turn off when it reaches 20°C.

--

Regards, Lars 

13 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Lars-66 said:

Can I use the the thermal sensor in the Fibaro Smoke Sensor to trigger a Fibaro Wall Plug?

You can use it via Linked devices (Panels -> Linked devices -> Heating). But place that linked device to room, that is managed by Heating Zone (created in Heating panel). Then you do not have to think about scheduling heating.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Jakub :)

I have linked the temperature sensor in the Smoke Sensor with the Fibaro Wall Plug in Linked Devices like you wrote, and assigned it to my room. 

Then I created a Heating Zone for the same room. Now I will try to regulate the heat and see if that turns the Wall Plug (panel heater) on or off.

It seems to work, but where do I find the Linked Devices I already added?

Edited by Lars-66

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

You can use it via Linked devices (Panels -> Linked devices -> Heating). But place that linked device to room, that is managed by Heating Zone (created in Heating panel). Then you do not have to think about scheduling heating.

Hi again, @jakub.jezek  :)

I don't understand how to manage the temperature without using the Schedule Mode?
    Manual Mode is greyed out; I can adjust temperature and time, but I am not allowed to turn on... 

Edited by Lars-66
    Elaborated

How do you do that? The Smoke Sensor Temperature has a wake up interval of 21600sec (6hours), so the wall plug will react too late I think.

@kevin, temperature is sent everytime, when there is significant change to report. it does not report temperature after 6 hours. That would be highly inaccurate.

@jakub.jezek that sound normal. But the temperature from my smoke sensor is way of with the temperature that the thermostat (not smart) shows.

I already changed the set offset, but after a few hours the degrees is different again. It looks like a big lag of something like that.

18 minutes ago, Lars-66 said:

don't understand how to manage the temperature without using the Schedule Mode?

I should have been more precise. I did meant scenes as you need to change all scenes regarding temperature, etc.

With Heating zone, it is much easier and more manageable.

19 minutes ago, Lars-66 said:

Manual Mode is greyed out; I can adjust temperature and time, but I am not allowed to turn on... 

Have you selected heating zone, where you want to use manual mode? Its on the right side in heating panel.

7 minutes ago, kevin said:

But the temperature from my smoke sensor is way of with the temperature that the thermostat (not smart) shows.

Every thermostat is different and it also depend of placement. What is actual difference of your thermometer and Fibaro smoke sensor? Saying way of is like + 8°C, +10 °C, ... ?

9 minutes ago, kevin said:

I already changed the set offset, but after a few hours the degrees is different again. It looks like a big lag of something like that.

I would try to adjust report by setting Parameters 20 and 21.

1 minute ago, jakub.jezek said:

Every thermostat is different and it also depend of placement. What is actual difference of your thermometer and Fibaro smoke sensor? Saying way of is like + 8°C, +10 °C, ... ?

It's of by 2ºC. But I can't change the offset with 2ºC degrees. Only 1ºC and 3ºC and more

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:
    17 hours ago, Lars-66 said:

Have you selected heating zone, where you want to use manual mode? Its on the right side in heating panel.

@jakub.jezek  I don't quite understand by your reference to the right side of the heating panel - see attached screenshot and indicate, pls :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@Lars-66 , please check attached video, what i mean. In video you will se checkbox.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by jakub.jezek

On 1/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, jakub.jezek said:

@kevin, temperature is sent everytime, when there is significant change to report. it does not report temperature after 6 hours. That would be highly inaccurate.

I set parameter 12 to 0.5 degrees and parameter 11 to 30 minutes. (After one day the parameters where accepted.)

Still it reports only ones per 4 hours. Fibaro is always surprising me...

2 minutes ago, AlPonRock said:

parameter 12 to 0.5 degrees and parameter 11 to 30 minutes.

You mean old smoke sensor (FGSS-001), right?

Instead of param 11, it is parameter 10. I would recommend to set those again and manually wake smoke sensor (triple-click).

58 minutes ago, AlPonRock said:

After one day the parameters where accepted.

You could wake up smoke sensor manually by triple-click.