Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0
RStolpe

Speed up the motion sensor to turn on a lamp?

Question

I have done a scene so when my motion sensor is activated it turns on a lamp, the issue is that from the motion sensor signals that I have triggerd it (the eye turns green fast) and until the lamp turns on it takes around 2-5 sec and I want it to turn on directly when it's triggered.
My scene looks like this: some translation "Rörelse" is Motion and "Höger" is Right , the "Höger" is the lamp and well "rörelse" is the motion.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_01/image.png.2cf8d7cd117b36050b74d1f4a7d6fce1.png" alt="image.png.2cf8d7cd117b36050b74d1f4a7d6fce1.png" />

 

I my settings in the motion sensor looks like this, the trigger is:

 

image.png.b2456472c1f8e47b46f333a0eb84a9a0.png

 

If I turn down the Parameter 1 a little then I guess that the sensor will react faster as it will notice movements faster - but the Parameter 2 I don't understand how to calculate it so it will will bee blind for 25 sec?

As my lamp is on for 30 sec when it's triggered I don't need it to bee triggered more during that time.

 

I don't understand this setting? But as I understands it the Parameter 2 should be shorter but as I don't understand how to calculate the time for Parameter 2 it's a little hard for me to do, Parameter 6 is easy as it shows in sec already.

image.png.cc076efafe8a83d6b053dcfaff6c1a1f.png

 

 

 

 

 

This don't have anything with my quastion to do, just some tip for someone - this is great the sensor is not activated before the LUX is under 10 LUX as when it's under 10 LUX it's night and I just want it to bee on during the night.

 

image.png.0816f02e1955ab766b926a8a9d0919ae.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You have this delay because of the system, you cannot change any parameter in sensor to speed up this reaction.

Sometime the system (or to be more accurate the firmware) is "busy" and it takes time to receive the signal from the sensor...

You can test it very simple, leave the place where the sensor is installed for few minutes and then trigger the sensor by movement.

This is the first time that sensor will triggered and I believe you'll still have delay..

All parameters that you're trying to set is the timing when sensor will be ready to receive next movement.

By he way I think sometimes the system works fast and sometime is slow, correct?

Edited by cag014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi @RStolpe,

to get faster reaction I recommend to do this without a scene.

Instead you can use direct assoziation between motion sensor and the switch of the lamp. You save the time for the sensor talking to the hc2, running the script and the hc2 talking to the lamp.

 

  1. Depending on the version of your motion sensor.
    For version 2.9: set assoziation group 1 of the motion sensor to single channel and select the lamp
    For version 3.2: set assoziation group 2 of the motion sensor to single channel and select the lamp
  2. set parameter 3 to 0 as mentioned by d-vine
  3. if you want it to activate only by night you can use the lux sensor: set Parameter 8 to 2 (active durring night) and set Parameter 9 to 200 (later you adjust this to your required ligth level, when you want it to be identified as "night").
  4. after saving parameter tripple click the motion sensor button to take over the configuration
  5. on the fibaro switch at the lamp set parameter 12 to the time you want the ligth to turn off again. eg. 30 seconds.
  6. on the fibaro switch set parameter 9 to 0, so the light is off after a power outage.

now you are ready to test your setup. make sure your scene is disabled, so it doesn't interfere.

 

The other parameters like blind time, window time can be used to tweak the device further.

all of this can also be found in the offical documentation:

Please login or register to see this link.

BR - kro

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, kroeatschge said:

Instead you can use direct assoziation between motion sensor and the switch of the lamp. You save the time for the sensor talking to the hc2, running the script and the hc2 talking to the lamp.

cons: your lamp will always on by any motions 24/7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hi @10der,

that's not true.

by doing step 3 in my suggestion you define the max lux level for the motion sensor to trigger the assoziated devices.

 

Maybe you know something more here than I do.

But I have this working and in place since 8 month. Day ... lux level > 200. Night when lux level < 200.

My stair light is only triggered when it's night ... and even when it's dark because the blinds are closed the light gets triggered as

the lux value is below 200.

works like a charm.

 

Of course you can go the lua route, with more delays. But I don't need the light to turn on after I left the stairs already.

If you need something more fancy like turning on the light only every 2nd friday when your grandma's smartphone is within a given geofence you might need a specific scene anyway.

 

BR

Edited by kroeatschge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

ok. There is but one law in this mess render unto Caesar :) but your way works, it ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, 10der said:

ok. There is but one law in this mess render unto Caesar :) but your way works, it ok

 

On 1/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, kroeatschge said:

Hi @RStolpe,

to get faster reaction I recommend to do this without a scene.

Instead you can use direct assoziation between motion sensor and the switch of the lamp. You save the time for the sensor talking to the hc2, running the script and the hc2 talking to the lamp.

 

  1. Depending on the version of your motion sensor.
    For version 2.9: set assoziation group 1 of the motion sensor to single channel and select the lamp
    For version 3.2: set assoziation group 2 of the motion sensor to single channel and select the lamp
  2. set parameter 3 to 0 as mentioned by d-vine
  3. if you want it to activate only by night you can use the lux sensor: set Parameter 8 to 2 (active durring night) and set Parameter 9 to 200 (later you adjust this to your required ligth level, when you want it to be identified as "night").
  4. after saving parameter tripple click the motion sensor button to take over the configuration
  5. on the fibaro switch at the lamp set parameter 12 to the time you want the ligth to turn off again. eg. 30 seconds.
  6. on the fibaro switch set parameter 9 to 0, so the light is off after a power outage.

now you are ready to test your setup. make sure your scene is disabled, so it doesn't interfere.

 

The other parameters like blind time, window time can be used to tweak the device further.

all of this can also be found in the offical documentation:

Please login or register to see this link.

BR - kro

 

Hi guis.

 

This one does not work for me... The light turns off after 5sec. after i go out of the room...

 

Is it somthing i do wrong?

 

When I go to the configuration of the switch, I see this message:  "Waiting for wakeup or synchronization"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So now the problem is to turn lights off?

could you please convert block scene to Lua and post it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hi @Saftkokarn,

"on the fibaro switch at the lamp set parameter 12 to the time you want the ligth to turn off again. eg. 30 seconds. "

 

what is parameter 12 of the switching module set to?

BR - Kro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...