Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

"Replace battery" on Master device blocks firmware update

patryk.choros

Question

Hi All, 

Properly charged Heat Controller reports "Replace battery" ("Wymień baterię") on Master device, on Slave devices everything is fine. Issue is, that this blocks firmware update - I get a message that drained battery prevents firmware from being updated. The device is connected to power at that time. 

What I tried: exclude, factory reset, include. The same thing. Device reconfiguration does not help.

It goes for series of heads, so it does not seem to be a device problem. Maybe configuration issue? 

P.

14 answers to this question

I had it a few days back, for me what worked : exclude and include did the trick.

Don't do a reconfiguration or it's back.

Anyway, still trying to update, getting stuck on wrong file size or downloading. Think the fibaro servers are having troubles.

Hope you have better luck.

12 hours ago, patryk.choros said:

The device is connected to power at that time.

You mean it is connected to a charger or power bank? I think the FGT does not respond to any command (and it certainly does not control the valve) while it is connected to a USB power source. So I expect firmware update to fail while it is charging.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:55 PM, patryk.choros said:

Hi All, 

Properly charged Heat Controller reports "Replace battery" ("Wymień baterię") on Master device, on Slave devices everything is fine. Issue is, that this blocks firmware update - I get a message that drained battery prevents firmware from being updated. The device is connected to power at that time. 

What I tried: exclude, factory reset, include. The same thing. Device reconfiguration does not help.

It goes for series of heads, so it does not seem to be a device problem. Maybe configuration issue? 

P.

I had the same problem with multiple FGT’s, soft reconfigure, wait for the FGT to come back.

Then reboot you HC and then try again.

I do have the same issue here with a brand new Heat Controller (fully charged, firmware 4.3).

Master battery level states "Replace battery", while the battery level of three of its four slaves show a fully green battery, and the fourth slave does not list any Battery level line.

I have tried both the "exclude, factory, include" and "soft reconfigure" suggestions, including reboots of my HC2 (v4.530). The "replace battery" status remains, and I cannot update the Heat Controller's firmware to v4.5.

I do have two other Heat Controllers which do not show this phenomenon. The difference with those two was, however, that they had firmware 4.0 on it, before I updated to version 4.5.

So, should I send back this Heat Controller to the vendor (because of being delivered with a bad battery), or is this a software issue?

Had the same problem ,

Reconfiguration, exclude/ include nothing helps.

Till I connected the external bluetooth sensor (gbrs-001). Then the update didn't complained about the battery.

Had this with my 4 new FGT--001 Heat controller. 2 with 4.3 firmware and 2 with 4.4 firmware.

I'm on HCL 4.531 beta

Guys, any news regarding this case?
I also can't update from 4.3 to 4.5 due to low battery issue.
I tried updating:
- when fully charged

- when plugged in to charger  
- after soft factory reset

- after hard factory reset

- removing/adding device from HCL
- restarting HCL

unfortunately nothing works...

• Inquirer
  • 23 hours ago, voltagoo said:

Guys, any news regarding this case?
    I also can't update from 4.3 to 4.5 due to low battery issue.
    I tried updating:
    - when fully charged

- when plugged in to charger  
    - after soft factory reset

- after hard factory reset

- removing/adding device from HCL
    - restarting HCL

unfortunately nothing works...

I've got mine updated by Fibaro service to beta firmware. That solved the issue.

W dniu 28.02.2019 o 22:04, patryk.choros napisał:

I've got mine updated by Fibaro service to beta firmware. That solved the issue.

What do you mean by "Fibaro service"? Should I visit Fibaro installer point? 

Did you pay for updating the firmware?

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, voltagoo said:

What do you mean by "Fibaro service"? Should I visit Fibaro installer point? 

Did you pay for updating the firmware?

Controllers were sent to official Fibaro Support to Poznań, there was no cost connected with firmware update. 

Hi, same here. Cant stat udate from 4.4 to 4.5.

Error is: Battery level too low to perform the update. Replace the battery :) 

Battery is full at that time.

It is apparently fixed with HC2 4.532 beta. After upgrade HC2 to this beta, "low battery" indication disappeard.

For me, updating to HomeCenter to 4.540 + re-charging + "reconfigure device" has finally sorted out this issue. The Heat Controller is on firmware 4.5 now.