Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
sulkbooth

Support remote access - password?

I'm having a discussion with Support my email, as the new app (1.1.0) is not working as is should. 

Support then asks for this: (and is this really the way to get remote support? I thought the HC had that option in the access menu already? 

1) share your Home Center on public (external), static IP address with following ports opened:
80 http (for web browser connection)
22 ssh (for terminal diagnostics)

2) please provide us with Home Center serial number.

3) please provide password of the “superuser” account. You may create a temporary password for the purpose of the connection.

• Like 1

They asked me this too. I really dont know if they have another option of getting this, maybe by using ssh, but why not give it them? 

@sulkbooth , note that all configuration can be performed only from SuperUser account and Support does not have any backdoor access to this account - we can reset it to admin/admin, but it makes your system vulnerable, therefore we are not fond of doing that.

You simply create a password for the time of remote connection and then reverse back to your password.

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

@sulkbooth , note that all configuration can be performed only from SuperUser account and Support does not have any backdoor access to this account - we can reset it to admin/admin, but it makes your system vulnerable, therefore we are not fond of doing that.

You simply create a password for the time of remote connection and then reverse back to your password.

Thanks for your explanation- seems like a good reason to do it that way. It just messed it my “first rule of internet” - not to share any of your passwords ;)

I’m  probably paranoid...