Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Support remote access - password?

sulkbooth

I'm having a discussion with Support my email, as the new app (1.1.0) is not working as is should. 

Support then asks for this: (and is this really the way to get remote support? I thought the HC had that option in the access menu already? 

1) share your Home Center on public (external), static IP address with following ports opened:
80 http (for web browser connection)
22 ssh (for terminal diagnostics)

2) please provide us with Home Center serial number.

3) please provide password of the “superuser” account. You may create a temporary password for the purpose of the connection.

• Like 1

They asked me this too. I really dont know if they have another option of getting this, maybe by using ssh, but why not give it them? 

@sulkbooth , note that all configuration can be performed only from SuperUser account and Support does not have any backdoor access to this account - we can reset it to admin/admin, but it makes your system vulnerable, therefore we are not fond of doing that.

You simply create a password for the time of remote connection and then reverse back to your password.

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

@sulkbooth , note that all configuration can be performed only from SuperUser account and Support does not have any backdoor access to this account - we can reset it to admin/admin, but it makes your system vulnerable, therefore we are not fond of doing that.

You simply create a password for the time of remote connection and then reverse back to your password.

Thanks for your explanation- seems like a good reason to do it that way. It just messed it my “first rule of internet” - not to share any of your passwords ;)

I’m  probably paranoid...