Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Toggle using associations

anders.malmgren

Question

I have set up a association from 2 double switches S2's (group 4) to a third double switch so I control 1 light remotely from two switches. Thing is the the receiving light does not toggle its state when it gets a group 4 command. It means if the states of the switches does not sync nothing happens.

Example: 

All 3 switches are in disabled state

I now press S2 on one of the master switches, it now turns on the remote light (2 switches are now enabled 1 is disabled)

I now press S2 on the other remote light which state is set to disabled, it will turn enabled and send this command to the remote switch which will lead to nothing happens.

All 3 switches are now in enabled state

If I press again on the last pressed switrch it will disable light. (2 lights are now disabled 1 is enabled). And so it goes

Instead I want it toggle every time a command comes. How do I achieve this?

All 3 lights are configured for  Momentary switches (Param 20 = 0)

4 answers to this question

I have the same problem and discovered this unanswered post from 1.5 years ago.  Has anyone managed to resolve it?  @anders.malmgren did you find a solution?

With my old but wonderful Merten Connect 505xxx battery-powered Z-wave switches, it is possible to send a "please change to the opposite state" request to an associated target device, and it works fine in all scenarios.  But with the Fibaro FGS223, it seems you cannot send such an association request - only a sequence of 'turn on', 'turn off' commands which, as noted above can easily get out of sync with the target device if its state has been changed by another means (e.g. another switch, an automatic scene, a control from the app, etc).  Then, if the FGS223 sending the association has got 'out of sync' with the target device, it sends 'please turn off' to a device that is already off. 

How do you send a 'please change to the opposite state' association request from an FGS223?  Is this a limitation that can be address in the FGS223 firmware?  

Edited by Greenhippo

I'm struggling with the same issue when controlling my dimmers via S2 association, keyfob and smartthings app. Has this been resolved in newer firmware for the dimmer perhaps?

Smartthings states firmwareId: 0112 for the dimmers which doesn't meet the Fibaro versioning on this site.

See my post at the end of this thread:

Unfortunately it seems that the toggle command was removed from the Z-Wave spec so, with that understanding, it's correct that the Fibaro devices do not support it.

The only solution is to use scenes (involving the controller) for every click of the switch... it's a bit slow and painful.  Associations cannot be used without the risk of double clicking when they get out of sync.