Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem adding fgr223 in domoticz

jordindc

Question

I checked it is a common issue, but i’m stuck in a very early point.

I’m using domoticz in its last stable version on a RPI 3 B+ with Razberry as Z-wave controlling hardware.

I added fgr223.xml in Config/fibaro directory and added the corresponding line in manufacturer_specific.xml file. Restarted several times domoticz server, when I add the module in the system, although now it’s  well recognized as a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3+ device, I only get parameter 3001 Protection, and it works as a Garage gate (only S1 works alternating blind direction, no other function available). No other parameters but 3001 are shown, so it’s impossible to do calibration process.

An interesting point is that fgr223 is installed with a livolo blind switch. Could this  interfere somehow?

Any suggestion about this issue?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

There are a few Domoticz users here, but they can only help if they still have it running and have bought an FGR-223 which they might not do because on forums you read that it does not work (yet) with OpenZWave (catch-22). But some of my "followers" might have an idea, you never know, that is why I post this anyway.

BTW the OP posted here and the suggestions in that article seem "sane" to me but for some reason it did not work for him... It has to do with the "xml"

Please login or register to see this link.

I don't run domoticz, but I understand the basics of ozw. That's why I think the recommendation to replace or edit those 2 files is sane. But I cannot test it...

• Inquirer
  • Thanks petergebruers,

In my case it had to do with permissions of module xml file, so domoticz identified correctly the module through manufacturers file but couldn’t access to fgr223.xml file.

Now it’s working, but I have the known possitioning issue (beside some erratic behaviors time to time). Do you think it’s to do with OZW implementation? I hope it is not a module firmware issue (there wouldn’t ever be a solution for non fibaro system users).

Edit:

After some tests, I’ve had to set the blinds as “without positioning”. When I set the position to a certain percentage, that one is set as Close position and I have to recalibrate again. It makes it unusable.

Edited by jordindc

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".