Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

new app (android) - thermostat, scenes

roelnic

Question

Hi,

I just downloaded the new app for my android and I tried to find a manual / instruction for it. I miss some things. maybe you can answer this

• I have thermostat from eurotronic spirit, but I don't see those in my new app (I do see them in the old app). Why?
  • Is it possible to 'hide' some scenes in the app? e.g. scenes which are triggered automatically? Then I can only display scenes which are usefull in the app
  • How the favorites are displayed on the main screen? It doesn't seem very logical (on the website you talk about 'machine learning technology'). Can you explain more?
  • I have four motion sensors in my house. In the previous app I could see in one overview where was movement. In the new app that isn't possible?
  • what does the 'active profiel' "at home" mean? (is it local or remote?)

so far I'm not confinced to disable the old app unfortunately. Hope you can help!

Best regards,

Roel from NL

4 answers to this question

Most users who have commented the new app are dissatisfied, for some of the same reasons you present. I, for one, prefer to control the order in which rooms and devices are presented myself, not by some fancy algorithm beyond my control. To me the logical presentation mimics the order established in the main web interface for sections, rooms, devices etc. I sympathize with your questions, most of which are related to this lack of control of what appears where. I cannot give you any solutions, however.

Like you, I have trouble addressing my thermostats (mine are HeatIt Z-TRM2fx). They do appear in the new app, but without the most important sub-unit of all: the one where I control the set-point (desired temperature). I attach two iPhone images of the same room, one from the new app, one from the old (in Norwegian, but you get the idea). As you will see, the endpoint named "T innst. ..." with its pull down menu for desired temperature is absent from the new app. Pretty useless! And no way to change it, it seems. :-[

I, too, prefer the old app. I dread the day, rumored to be pretty soon, when support for the old app terminates. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

IMG_1247.PNG.d214f5bc1b022ad3405d74dca7f5a57e.PNG

• Inquirer
  • Ok thanx for your response. Eager to know the reaction of fibaro and the roadmap / plans of fibaro then. 

Edited by roelnic

Update: The new version of the new app for iPhone (version 1.2.0, released today) has not corrected the problem. The slave device for thermostat control still does not show, making control of the heater impossible. All other sub-devices show (measured temp, on/off status, voltage). Here is what my configuration says about the relevant slave unit (end point 1) on the Z-TRM2:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_03/image.png.e010fbb03297530033f1b1e40926eb1b.png" alt="image.png.e010fbb03297530033f1b1e40926eb1b.png" />

Note that the type is defined as a "com.fibaro.setPoint". Judging from @roelnic 's comment above, it seems that this device type is ignored by the new mobile app, but is displayed by the old.

This urgently needs correction!

Hey,

Here to report same problem with the new app and with thermostats. Temperature and other virtual devices appear but there is no way to set the temperature, I have made a virtual device for the heating setpoint too but its not displayed. All access rights are there.  

All is working with the old app. Anyway to fix this?

Best regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.