Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lost in to many instances

Sjakie

Question

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I added by the most of my scenes running instances max 1

Please login or register to see this image.

/uploads/monthly_2019_03/image.png.bc1828c1a5034712599c993cf116612f.png" alt="image.png.bc1828c1a5034712599c993cf116612f.png" />

Today I see:

Let me explain TV aan (On) will be done if my chair is consuming more as 5The same for the Spot Stoel Sjaak

Nobody at home

House is armed>>> no notification of intruder

Why Scene TV on is triggered see debug every few seconds??

image.png.06155d2c2b5f1278a4090d4cea1a41c0.png

4 answers to this question

Hi @Sjakie ,

There is no reason to set max running instances to 1 . I recommend setting it to 2 instances and above. If you want to stop any other instances from running except the first one then just put this code at the beginning of the scene just after scene header:

Please login or register to see this code.

Scene is most probably triggered almost every second because power measured by triggering device is changing at that rate. Can say for sure if part of the scene header is not missing from screenshot you provided.

27 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Sjakie ,

There is no reason to set max running instances to 1 . I recommend setting it to 2 instances and above. If you want to stop any other instances from running except the first one then just put this code at the beginning of the scene just after scene header:

Please login or register to see this code.

Scene is most probably triggered almost every second because power measured by triggering device is changing at that rate. Can say for sure if part of the scene header is not missing from screenshot you provided.

I agree with @Sankotronic, bump up the max running instances, especially if you have power triggers - I have experienced power trigger storms...

I think the "max running instances" is not a very well thought through setting from Fibaro.

You set a value X for max running instances and you get a warning (making people nervous) if the box tries to start more than X instances - and there is nothing you can do to prevent it!

The fibaro:countScenes() test in the beginning of the scene can only do the test when the scene has actually started to run. The box still has the possibility to start up more than X instances if the triggers come quick enough and the scene instances haven't had time to start to execute the  fibaro:countScenes()>...

It would probably be better if "max running instances" silently refused to start up more scenes - then you could set it to 1 and skip the "if fibaro:countScenes()>1 then os.exit()end"...

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi guys, okay that makes sense. I was surprised to see so many lines in debug starting the scene. The scene was triggered by a Variable (TV) but I have seen this will not work properly . So I am back at the beginning to trigger strait on the device. For a proper understanding suppose I have 3 switches to start the same scene manually from different places. The scene will switch on X for 60 sec.If all switches after each other will be operated wit 15 sec interval.

number of instances=1   X will be on for 60sec

=2                             60+ (2x15)

=3                             60+ (3x15)

or is the result           =3                             60

In case of power trigger I can agreed with@jgab  to raise the number of instances.

, because also of disrubting in operation.

Thanks

You can (possibly) also configure the power meter device. Have a look into the parameters for that device to set some minimum change before reporting. Also set a long default reporting time, 300 seconds or so.