Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Weird Dimmer + bypass behvaior on 2/3 wiring schema

DominikVesely

Question

Hello everyone, I know that this question in its multiple forms is there all over the forums but i was not able to find answer. 

I live in Europe and in totally new building. So I guess I have the 2wiring scheme even though in the box I have access to my N (blue wire). It is because that in that place 1 circuit split to three 3 different lights / switches. 

I would like to control this light 

Please login or register to see this link.

and as it is stated here "The LED can be dimmed with a «Triac for Led» dimmer approved by Flos" 

I tried several schemes with or without by pass and with 2/3 wiring connections and here are the results

3 wiring without bypass - After calibration only on/off function is enabled 

3 wiring with bypass -  After calibration only on/off function is enabled (so bypass does not help here) I installed bypass in the rose where all the wiring meets

2 wiring with bypass - After calibration only on/off function is enabled 

2 wiring withoutbypas -- I can finally use the dimm functions BUT after while light dim itself a bit lets say 80% but status show that it is at 100% 

This behaviour is really weird and I really dont know what to do or how I could debug it bit more 

Could it be that fibaro dimmer is just really bad with LEDs? could you give me any tips ? I also have other lights where it does not work even with bypass where it just flickers. but this light has its own "smart" transformator which could do the mess

1 answer to this question

Can you copy the configuration of dimmer?

I think that this "smart" transformator made dimmer to calibrate somehow wrong.

I will compare it with my perfectly working LEDs with bypass. And I think that the best will be 3-wire + bypass and some manual changes after calibration.

However not every LED can be dimmed... It depends of the kind of transformator it has.