Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Venetian blinds HomeKit / Home Assistant

DominikVesely

Question

Hi Everyone 

I just installed roller shutter on my venetian blinds, verything is working properly except one thing and thats rotation of the blinds

I am using Home Assistant with Homekit. I set shutter to Venetian Mode blinds but there is no button just to open/close blinds. Do you have any tip?

3 answers to this question

I don't know much about Home Assistant, but the Roller Shutter 2 manual says "CAUTION -Venetian blind slats may be only operated by momentary switches." So I guess you are out of luck here.

I am currently evaluating a Roller Shutter 3. I could not find the statement same in the Roller Shutter 3 manual, but using FHEM I also have not found any parameter for tilting the slats, yet.

Update: For the RS3, I have just found out that endpoint .01 in FHEM controls the overall position (via "dim 0..99" FHEM commands), but endpoint .02 controls the slat angle (also via FHEM commands "dim 0..99"). So it is definitively possible with the RS3 as far as the module hardware/firmware is concerned.

Edited by gFIBm
Update

• Inquirer
  • By the way it did not helped at all. There is a new button for controlling the slats angle but it does nothing at all.