Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

Dimmer 2 as a switch


Tiwas
 Share

Question

Hi.

 

I have two lights that are non-dimmable (sp?) and two dimmer 2 modules laying around. Is it possible to configure the dimmer 2 as a switch or should I buy a switch instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
4 hours ago, Tiwas said:

Hi.

 

I have two lights that are non-dimmable (sp?) and two dimmer 2 modules laying around. Is it possible to configure the dimmer 2 as a switch or should I buy a switch instead?

 

Yes it is. As a matter of fact, the dimmer2 will try to dim the source the first time it is powered on. If the source is not dimable, the dimmer2 will work as a normal switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 21 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

     

    Yes it is. As a matter of fact, the dimmer2 will try to dim the source the first time it is powered on. If the source is not dimable, the dimmer2 will work as a normal switch.

    Thanks. After reading the manual I was almost sure about that, but figured I'd ask just in case I misunderstood. I found an "old" FGS I can use on the light source I know for sure is not dimable, and I'll use the dimmer 2 on the one I hope maybe will support at least a couple of steps :)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    @Tiwas During the calibration process the load may be recognised as dimmable - even if it is not designed or preferred to be. Parameter 32 enables you to set your preference in case calibration did not detect the load as non-dimmable.

     

    Parameter 32

    On/Off mode
    This mode is necessary while connecting non-dimmable light sources. Enabling parameter 32 automatically ignores brightening/dimming time settings. Forced auto-calibration will set this parameter’s value to 2.

    0 - on/off mode disabled (dimming is possible)
    1 - on/off mode enabled (dimming is not possible)
    2 - mode selected automatically
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 23 hours ago, Barlow said:

    @Tiwas During the calibration process the load may be recognised as dimmable - even if it is not designed or preferred to be. Parameter 32 enables you to set your preference in case calibration did not detect the load as non-dimmable.

     

    Parameter 32

    On/Off mode
    This mode is necessary while connecting non-dimmable light sources. Enabling parameter 32 automatically ignores brightening/dimming time settings. Forced auto-calibration will set this parameter’s value to 2.

     
    0 - on/off mode disabled (dimming is possible)
     
    1 - on/off mode enabled (dimming is not possible)
     
    2 - mode selected automatically

     

    Thanks!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...