All devices "not configured" after reboot or upgrade

Question

I have been on 4.520 for a long time and  it was a welcome update to be able to do backups again(think broken dongle/stick). However, every time after a reboot my HC2 has ALL the devices "not configured" and I have to go and do a restore from a good backup. Even if I upgrade to a newer version(such as 4.530) I get the same "not configured" everywhere and I have to go back and restore/downgrade to my working 5.20 backup.

I feel like I am stuck at 5.20 even a reboot is pain and must do a restore afterwards. If I upgrade I also get all "not configured", even if I go ahead and "reconfigure" all of my 20+ devices to work, who says I will not have the same "not configured" issue as I am having now!

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Also, maybe Fibaro should be interested to investigate why a device loses the devices state after a simple reboot?! 

Any help appreciated.

Danny

4 answers to this question

I have experienced similar that after restoring backup I had all devices not configured.

The solution was to restore from earlier backup and have all devices in order.

I suggest to make a good backup, to confirm try to restore from it and see that all is OK.  Delete all other backups which are suspicious.

When you have good, confirmed backup then do upgrade to new firmware.

I. had the same. For a couple of times now. I's seriously doubting this whole HC2 thing. It's not working at all for me now. 

I have experienced the same thing after upgrading to the newest version :-(
A restore of an old backup does not solve the problem :-(

Same issue. At least 10 devices not configured. I think it was a reboot or backup that triggered it. This whole Fibaro system seems so unreliable..at least with their own devices it should just be rock solid (its mainly Dimmer2 that became "not configured" in my case). 

And the solution is not (soft) reconfiguration either, seem to have  to remove device and add again and this process is also not always working. And often the old "Not configured" device still hangs around, even if it had been removed and re added. Also force remove often doesn't work, so I have to rename the old device and stick it to "unassigned" room, very messy. When I purchased this stuff I really though its quite simple tech and should just work...