Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy Consumption/workaround?

Alex Rob

Question

Hello, Fibaro community.

does anyone made a own energy consumption scene or device where u can get inn all information for whole house, each device and each hour........

sorry to comment but in my opinion as I see is the fibaro energy panel not working properly.

i like to got a new overview of the whole house. Now I have a main energy meter and I can not exclude this value with all others. If I turn this off then I will loose all other data, this is not a option. 

4 answers to this question

I don't have an answer to your question yet, but I realize that I need to create some sort of logging of my own. This need is mainly driven from a realization that the HC2 seems to lose data sometimes. For instance, I went in to analyze my energy consumption for 2019 in the energy panel the other day and found that all energy data before July 27 2019 was gone. Very dissappointing.

So, my current thinking is to send energy data to a Raspberry Pi  on an hourly or daily basis, store that data in a file for import into excel at some point.

One of my concerns though is that the Fibaro API does not always report correct data.  

I have made a small hack which is available in the download section:

In short, it has two components

1. A scene which runs in the HC2 once per day and collects energy data for a set of predefined devices. It posts the data to a Raspberry Pi through an HTTP request.

2. A Python script that runs on a Raspberry Pi. It listens to incoming data from the HC2 and simply writes the data to a .CSV file so it can easily be imported to Excel for instance.