Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Humidity and temperature sensor for outdoor

Sita

Question

I like the Z-wave where device drain battery slower than WIFI device. I want to put humidity and temperature sensor at my outdoor garden (10m away). Searching here and there but still can not find the right device to meet my requirement. Could somebody recommend the device or way to create this device?

14 answers to this question

besides WIFI you can use rf433 for example.

and as far s I know new brand UBS-2 (AKA smart implant) from FIBARO can connect DHT sensor, so you can easily DHT22 for example

Please login or register to see this link.

as an additional option, if you feeling as developer Z-UNO.

• Like 1

Perhaps a Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 in 1- Gen5? I have mounted one in my carport and as it can be powered from usb, it will send information constantly (and work as a repeater). It is not intended for outdoor use but mine is inside the carport (under the roof) and has worked for two years now.

It reports UV, temperature, light, humidity and functions as a pir.

Edited by Thomasn
  • Like 1

Hi @ Sita

The UBS and the new Smart Implant suggested by 10der aren't designed to be used with a batterie.

If you have no electrical power in your garden, I would also recoment the Aeotec 6 in one multisensor. It has a batterie compartment

Look here:

In my case im using the netatmo weather station, it is working fine with the fibaro homecenter Lite and Homecenter 2.

Look here:

Best Regards

Fabir

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks guys. I will explore Aeotec sensor as I need to use battery. Thinking to build small enclosure to protect them. According to Aeotec, it is ok to use outdoor by having enclosure to cover from direct sun and rain. 

• Inquirer
  • 14 hours ago, Thomasn said:

Perhaps a Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 in 1- Gen5? I have mounted one in my carport and as it can be powered from usb, it will send information constantly (and work as a repeater). It is not intended for outdoor use but mine is inside the carport (under the roof) and has worked for two years now.

It reports UV, temperature, light, humidity and functions as a pir.

Did you ever use temperature/humidity data to trigger other thing i.e., smart plug? 
    Did you ever try to integrate IFTTT to send data for collection i.e., Google Sheet?

Yes to the trigger question. I use lux and temperature. No to IFTTT. That is too insecure a system for me. 

• Inquirer
  • 11 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

Yes to the trigger question. I use lux and temperature. No to IFTTT. That is too insecure a system for me. 

How do you do this?. Via LUA?. I am using HCL which don't have LUA programming then. 

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

I use lua but it is quite possible to use block programming.

Thank you. 

Did block programming show you temp/humid data?. What are yours humid/temp sensor? I am thinking to have AeoTec multi sensor 6

16 hours ago, Fabir said:

Hi @ Sita

The UBS and the new Smart Implant suggested by 10der aren't designed to be used with a batterie.

If you have no electrical power in your garden, I would also recoment the Aeotec 6 in one multisensor. It has a batterie compartment

Look here:

In my case im using the netatmo weather station, it is working fine with the fibaro homecenter Lite and Homecenter 2.

Look here:

Best Regards

Fabir

Hi @Sita    I couldnt decide to buy Netatmo, is it work fully functions ?  and for the use it what is the requirements ? thanks al lot.

2 hours ago, Sita said:

Thank you. 

Did block programming show you temp/humid data?. What are yours humid/temp sensor? I am thinking to have AeoTec multi sensor 6

I use LUA, not block programming.  But it is easy to make a scene with blocks using the values from the sensor. And in the Fibaro Webpanel all the values are visible (if that is what you asked about).

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 4/22/2019 at 11:19 PM, Thomasn said:
    On 4/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, Thomasn said:

I use lua but it is quite possible to use block programming.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, Thomasn said:

I use LUA, not block programming.  But it is easy to make a scene with blocks using the values from the sensor. And in the Fibaro Webpanel all the values are visible (if that is what you asked about).

Thanks Thomas. I am going to buy and test then. 

Hi! I tested the Aeotec 6-in-1 and it went down to -24.5c (celcius) in my freezer. I mounted it outside without any cover on it so we'll see how long it lasts ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.