Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sensor not sending the right status

Utundu

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased a door/window sensor to add to my setup (Aeotec USB key + Home Assistant).

I already have a Fibaro Plug working perfectly fine :)

But I have trouble setuping the door sensor. It is paired, I get some data (like the temperature, even though it must not be perfectly calibrated), but I don't get the correct status regarding the open/closed detection.

It always show as "off" (closed I guess).

To have more insight, I installed OpenZWave Control Panel. The device is shown as "Sleeping", even when I open or close the door (it might be too fast to be noticed). Weirdly, the last message received date and the logs show an update (below, I close then open the door).

Please login or register to see this code.

To test, I was able to change the configuration regarding the LED to make it light up when the door is openned/closed. And the light does blink when I do so.

Moreover, even when I press the button to make the device wake up, the status is always "off" : whether the door was closed or opened at that moment ...

Except for the LED setup, the factory settings are still used.

Would you have any idea what is going on ? :(

Thanks in advance

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet