Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Every Devices not responding in Alexa

fingusio

Question

Alexa and Fibaro dont work in Poland. Every Device not responding. Anyone have similar problem?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

In a room some devices show as device is unresponsive others look connected. 

The status doesn't seem to effect anything. 

Devices can show as unresponsive but still work through Alexa. 

On 11/18/2019 at 6:41 AM, cag014 said:

When you're looking on devices at Alexa, is everything shows connected to Fibaro?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

No, the devices show as device is unresponsive, but this message seems to bear no relationship as to whether it works or not.

I just had an outage in the house where Alexa would not control lighting in the house and then 1-2 hours later it is working again. I have touched and change nothing in that time.

Please note in general:

1. Alexa needs the superuser account

2. The superuser‘s email adress must not be the same as a normal user‘s one.

Perhaps, this will help in some cases, where the devices do not react while the server connection is fine

9 hours ago, Orgli said:

Please note in general:

1. Alexa needs the superuser account

2. The superuser‘s email adress must not be the same as a normal user‘s one.

Perhaps, this will help in some cases, where the devices do not react while the server connection is fine

Unfortunately I'm using the superuser account and still have these issues. 

Sounds like a problem with the response time...or the Fibaro server / cloud...or weak/bad Z-Wave-Network at your home. Did you check the Z-Wave-Signal with a smoke detector or wall plug in the „bad“ rooms?

Did you contact Fibaro-Support, already?

Edited by Orgli

My zwave network appears to be fine now. You might want to read this post to understand more of what I have done to get my network operational: 

There is no point in raising more tickets with support. Have you tried?

I am still trying to get responses back from almost 3 months ago, to a set of urgent tickets raised for which I am still living with no solution, and I have countless tickets from years ago that have never been responded to.

There could be a few different reasons why your Alexa-enabled devices are not responding. Some common issues include:

The device is not connected to the internet: Ensure that your device is connected to the internet and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.

The device is not set up correctly: Double-check that your device is set up correctly and that you have gone through the initial setup process.

The device is not in range: Ensure that your device is in range of your router, and that there are no walls or other obstacles blocking the signal.

There may be an issue with the Alexa app or service: Sometimes, there may be an issue with the Alexa app or service that is preventing it from working properly. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or

Please login or register to see this link.

check for updates and see if that resolves the issues

You may also try resetting your device.

Edited by Santoss