Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Andriod app causing problems

mdhautomation

Question

I just set up a Home Center 2 and used my iPhone and iPad to test everything all along the way.  Once I learned what the limitations to the system are and how to work around some of them I thought I was ready to hand it over to the customer.  My customer has Android phones so I thought I should test everything with my Android phone as well as become familiar with the subtle app differences, as there usually are a few.  That's where the problems began.  Scenes that ran flawlessly when executed from my iOS devices or windows computer all of a sudden seem to freeze the Home Center 2 entirely and don't allow you to do anything except power cycle the device.  Scenes that run when started in iOS regardless if the alarm was sounding off or not, now won't run from the Android if the system is in the state of alarm (sirens sounding after a zone is breached once armed).  And once I start to run a scene from the Android device and get the warning that scenes cannot be run when in the state of alarm, those same scenes that worked flawlessly regardless of alarm state fifteen minutes ago on my iOS devices not won't run from my iPhone or iPad either.  Frustrating...

3 answers to this question

Forum

Do you have a suggestions about the Forum? Any comments about the Forum? This is the place!

Wrong category for this question.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:07 AM, mdhautomation said:

Scenes that ran flawlessly when executed from my iOS devices or windows computer all of a sudden seem to freeze the Home Center 2 entirely and don't allow you to do anything except power cycle the device.

What scenes - block or LUA? Any particular devices or actions within the scenes?

When did they work flawlessly? Since when did they stop to work?

Scenes that run when started in iOS regardless if the alarm was sounding off or not, now won't run from the Android if the system is in the state of alarm (sirens sounding after a zone is breached once armed).

Check if the scenes have enabled "Do not allow alarm to stop scene while alarm is running" - this way they will run even though the alarm went off.

And once I start to run a scene from the Android device and get the warning that scenes cannot be run when in the state of alarm, those same scenes that worked flawlessly regardless of alarm state fifteen minutes ago on my iOS devices not won't run from my iPhone or iPad either

I understand that this is the problem here. I will test it, but I need the following:

1. Two examples of scenes that does not work the same from Android and iOS device.

2. Whether the scenes have "Do not allow alarm to stop scene while alarm is running" enabled - this is crucial as these kind of scenes should run regardless of the alarm status.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I just set up a Home Center 2 and used my iPhone and iPad to test everything all along the way.  Once I learned what the limitations to the system are and how to work around some of them I thought I was ready to hand it over to the customer.  My customer has Android phones so I thought I should test everything with my Android phone as well as become familiar with the subtle app differences, as there usually are a few.  That's where the problems began.  Scenes that ran flawlessly when executed from my iOS devices or windows computer all of a sudden seem to freeze the Home Center 2 entirely and don't allow you to do anything except power cycle the device.  Scenes that run when started in iOS regardless if the alarm was sounding off or not, now won't run from the Android if the system is in the state of alarm (sirens sounding after a zone is breached once armed).  And once I start to run a scene from the Android device and get the warning that scenes cannot be run when in the state of alarm, those same scenes that worked flawlessly regardless of alarm state fifteen minutes ago on my iOS devices not won't run from my iPhone or iPad either.  Frustrating...

I have the same issue - have you found any solution to this problem?