Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor and double switch

ViewPoint

Question

Hello,

I have been using motion sensors with dimmers for a while. The association is set for the dimmer, motion sensors blind time set to 1 second and cancellation delay is set for 2 seconds. Also, the basic command is set for BASIC ON only, while the dimmer itself is set to auto-off after a delay. Works like a charm, no problems whatsoever. This way, if I’m staying in front of the motion detector, the motion is detected right away, the ON command is resend to the dimmer, and the dimmer’s timer is reset with the motion. Just what I need.

I have tried the same schema with the switch and it just doesn’t work. It seems to me (I am speculating) that the switch (Fibaro double switch 2, to be precise) interprets the BASIC ON command as a flip of the switch and it turns itself off instead of resetting the timer. I’m using it in the auto off mode, by the way (parameter 10 is set to 4). Maybe someone knows what the problem is? I’m aiming to turn on the lights once motion is detected and turn it off after a while when no motion is reported. Setting motion detector’s parameter 6 to a long time (a minute or two or something like that) doesn’t seem to be a good option.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Hi. I think the Parameter in your Switch you're looking for is No 11. If you set it to 2 a consecutive Basic ON command will reset the timer in the switch.

Stefan