Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom lights are constant red

Goran111

Question

Hello,

few days ago I installed Fibaro Intercom and it worked just great. Suddenly, it become unreachable on my Android phone. I tried to reboot it (using PoE, unplug UTP cable abd plug it back after half a minute) but strange thing are happening. Intercom constantly lights either red or blue. If it lights blue, my ethernet switch port led light is off, if Intercom lights red then switch port light is on, but shows no traffic.

I tried pinging IP address of the Intercom, but it is not accessible.

I also tried to factory reset Intercom using instructions from the manual, but Intercom is not responding at all. Whatever I do, it always behaves the same.

Any help?

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

hi @Goran111,

is your network port on autosense?

If so, can you limit it to 100 mbit on the router side?

Is it on DHCP or static IP? (mine gets 2 IPs even though I have it on static IP... i assume one is assigned to WLAN the other one to LAN as i used both to set it up once).

After disconnecting power and rebooting wait for 2 minutes at least (it takes quite some time to start up).

And after successfull start up, reboot it a second time... (just disconnect PoE for a few seconds).

Is it then reachable ... or at least pingable?

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

yes, my switch is autosense but I cannot limit speed, it is not manageable switch. It has static IP address, WiFi is not connected.

I tried exactly as you suggested but nothing happens unfortunately :-(

Goran

Can you try and ping your device?

Please login or register to see this code.

if you don't get a reply let the ping run and reboot the device.

Is it answering somewhere during the boot up.

when you say you tried to factory reset it, was it succesfull? means you had to redo the setup process with bluetooth and so on..?

Edited by kroeatschge

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

thanks for your reply. I tried to ping Intercom, but it does not respond at all during any phase of booting. Also, I tried to factory reset it using described procedure in the manual, but again no changes. To check if factory reset was successful, I tried to search for it using initial setup procedure (thru Bluetooth), but my app can not find Intercom.

For me it looks completely dead :-(

Goran

One last input from my side. Is it possible that the wires moved out of the socket inside the intercom?

can you check if all are still in place?

• Inquirer
  • This option crossed my mind as well ... I'll wait for my electrician to come and check wires, probably tomorrow and we'll see.

Regarding replacement, my vendor asked me to bring existing device and they'll check ... I hope they'll replace it as the device itself is still under the warranty and it is definitey not cheap!

Goran

• Inquirer
  • No ... definitely not wires ... it must be something with Intercom itself :-(

sorry to hear that. just to make double sure, you tried this option for resetting the device directly?

To reset the device directly:

1. Press and hold the ring and the button at the same time for about 10 seconds.
    2. Release both when the device glows in red.
    3. Enter the last 8 digits of serial number using the rotating ring. Confirm each number with a short press of the ring.
    4. Entering correct serial number will be confirmed by glowing in green and restarting.

• Inquirer
  • I tried to do that, but Intercom does not respond at all ... just red or blue lights without any changes no matter what I do :-(

• Inquirer
  • Just to update you ... got today repaired Intecom, they changed motherboard ... now it works fine ...