Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall Plug reset fail

Arnie

Question

Hi all,

I have bought a Fibaro Wall Plug on Ebay, but now I'm trying to reset the Wall Plug so I can start the inclusion into my HC2.

But the reset procedure (holding B until yellow, then press B again) keeps on failing, after pressing the B again it flickers Red and Green and then keeps on pulsating green (looking for HC I think).

Anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Arnie

5 answers to this question

You do not need to make a reset.
Just exclude it in your HC2, then include it again and it should then appear as a unit.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks RH_Dreambox for your anwer....

But I guess this is a chicken-egg situation, I can't exclude them from my HC since they are not part of my HC, I bought the plug on ebay and it's still included to the HC of the seller.

So when I plug it in it's pulsating green, I think it's trying to find the HC of the seller.

Then why I wanted to reset it in order to include it in my HC, but now the reset failed.... after pushing the b button on the yellow ring it shows red-white-red and then it goes back to green pulsating.....:-(

Anyone?

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

I can't exclude them from my HC since they are not part of my HC

Any controller can exclude any device at any time. Put HC2 in "delete" mode and 3-Click the button like you would do with any other device (like this device was included on your HC2). Trust me, it sounds weird but it is correct. Any controller can exclude any device at any time.

On the other hand... I am not sure what the green pulsating means. Unless, however, you have accidentally entered the "range test" menu but that is the violet menu. The manual mentions under "Z-Wave network range signaling modes" for instance "LED ring pulsing green" . AFAIK that pulsing does not happen under "normal conditions".

If neither "exclusion" nor "yellow menu" bring back normal operation, I would mail to [email protected] and refer to this topic.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your help guys....

In the mean time I'm suspecting an error from my side..... 

I'm able to use the wall plug with my homekit, so does that mean it's only a homekit plug and not a z-wave plug?.....:-(