Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL Recovery error *image file is malformed*

Haggel

Question

Hey Fibaro gurus,

I need your help! I have 2x HCL Lite (2014-2015). I didn't used them the last years and of course now that i need them, they don't run.

The problem is, that i try to login and it don't work. Possibly i forgot the Usernames AND the passwords from both, but i think that is really unlikely. Also i tried the recovery mode, of course. But in this point the big issue starts: In both hcl´s i get every time a error message with the comment "image file is malformed". Even after the hard work of finding a image, where i am not sure that they are not corrupt, the recovery with a own file don't works; same error.

I really don't know what to do i already wrote to the support, but i am waiting for an answer. I am totally desperate an need urgently your help! It would be a shame to throw them away.

I would be really glad about some support!

Thank you and tudelu

Haggel

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

15 answers to this question

Hi, I'm an integrator and I bought an HCL locally to install at a customer's home, I have some experience after working with other automation systems. I could start it, update the firmware to the latest version, add a few dimmers of Qubino and everything worked ok, just at the beginning I had some problems to change the key and finally I did it. The next day, I used another computer that had the original key in memory and gave me an error to enter, as I did not know what to do I did a reset. Then I asked for a new password and inserted it, but there was no way to add anything. Search Google and I found nothing. Then I did a reset again to test if this time everything went back to normal, but unfortunately I got an error message that says the image of the file is malformed. It is an unfortunate way to start with a product. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

If your firmware was higher than 4.510 (and from what you said it should be 4.550), please download a package from that link and try to use option "repair from file" in recovery mode:

Please login or register to see this link.

Please confirm if that helps

• Like 4

• Inquirer
  • Hi @K.Drozynski ,

thank you for your reply. I guess it was 4.01 but pretty sure not 4.5 or higher.

I will try it and come back to you as soon i have a progress.

Thank you

@Haggel, the provided solution may not work in case of firmware older than 4.510. Do you have the ticket number opened with our technical support?

• Inquirer
  • @K.Drozynski  I wrote a message to the german support of Fibaro. Didn´t got anything. I can report that also to the general support. Should i?

@Haggel, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Since you described the whole issue in English, please contact

. You will be provided with a ticket number and our technicians will get back to you directly.

• Inquirer
  • T@K.Drozynski Thank you very much i send it directly to the int. support. I hope we can fix this Problem. If we get an solution, i will report it directly here. BTW the support ticket nr. is 179002 .

BR

18 hours ago, K.Drozynski said:

If your firmware was higher than 4.510 (and from what you said it should be 4.550), please download a package from that link and try to use option "repair from file" in recovery mode:

Hi @ K. Drozynski, thank you very much for your response, after almost 1 hour, the HCL control panel started but I am in an access mode that I cannot edit any configuration. The date is fine, although the time is out of date. I sent a ticket to support and they are trying to enable me again as a superuser by accessing remotely, although there are some problems with the keyword, and the blocking cannot be deactivated after the 5 attempts with which everything is complicated. The password change page has a bug (at least in Chrome http: //192.168.1.XX/fibaro/en/home/password-forgotten.html) that does not acknowledge receipt when one clicks the Generate button does nothing.
    Finally I could see that if you press 3 times send 3 new codes, and obviously the last one is valid, but if for some reason the first mail arrives and the others are late, the one who does not know the system (like me) enters the password that you received first and cannot access.
    Well, learning is slow, meanwhile I am waiting for support to access my HCL Case Notification for #178979, Greetings and thanks again. Mike

On 8/6/2019 at 4:41 AM, MikeTuriel said:

Hi @ K. Drozynski, thank you very much for your response, after almost 1 hour, the HCL control panel started but I am in an access mode that I cannot edit any configuration. The date is fine, although the time is out of date. I sent a ticket to support and they are trying to enable me again as a superuser by accessing remotely, although there are some problems with the keyword, and the blocking cannot be deactivated after the 5 attempts with which everything is complicated. The password change page has a bug (at least in Chrome http: //192.168.1.XX/fibaro/en/home/password-forgotten.html) that does not acknowledge receipt when one clicks the Generate button does nothing.
    Finally I could see that if you press 3 times send 3 new codes, and obviously the last one is valid, but if for some reason the first mail arrives and the others are late, the one who does not know the system (like me) enters the password that you received first and cannot access.
    Well, learning is slow, meanwhile I am waiting for support to access my HCL Case Notification for #178979, Greetings and thanks again. Mike

Hi!

I had the same issue as you but fixed this by setting the correct location. There after I was able to upgrade, change user and so on.

I also on another HCL have the same issue as you describe in the top of this thread and as I understand you finally solved this. Can you please more specific tell me how?

Best regards 

Per

Sweden.

hello 

Please help me

adjust remote control from scratch 

Please send me a video for remote control settings 

Thank you very much 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hi and thanks, this worked fine with a used HCL, download went fine after writing the link in the webbrowser.

Em 18/09/2020 às 07:50, kaleux disse:

Eu tenho uma imagem para baixar e carregá-la no console de recuperação - agora tenho uma imagem não corrompida.

Agora posso continuar com o meu trabalho - Obrigado!

On 8/5/2019 at 2:47 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hi, can you please put another links for older versions, I have the 4.17 same issue, thanks in advance

On 8/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, T.Konopka said:

Is this link still current? Doesnt seem to work for me

same issue.