Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NewBuild House Project with 18 blinds and 4 electrical ROTO roof windows

MarkusJ

Question

Dear all,

i am about to start the installation of my HC2 system.

The Main moduls in the beginning are the RS3 to operate all electrical exterior blinds. 

Our electrician did install one RS3 in order to see what happends. With surprise we discovered, that without having an HC2 in operation the blinds won’t work anymore. So, that doesn’t really concern me, but I wonder if you’ve got a tip for me, how i can get all 21 RS3 integrated /“learned on” to my system while having the HC2 placed in my server rack in the cellar?!?!

The reason I am  asking are the many comments that it is necessary to have the HC2 close to the modul when learning on.

Is there a way arround? As the RS3 are being mounted next to the windows spread  over three levels around the house.

Thank you and greetings from Germany.

Markus

11 answers to this question

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forum?

For calibration the RS modules needs to be added to the HC. After that, if your HC is powered off or defective, you can still use the switches that are connected to the module to control the blinds.

Regarding your question about adding them. Start adding the module that is close to the HC and then the module that is close to the HC second. The module that is the furthest away from the HC needs to be added last. Modules that are powered continuously (so not battery powered) are increasing the Z-Wave network. It’s called a Mesh network.

While adding them check if the checkbox Device is located far from Home Center is checked.

Please login or register to see this link.

I hope this helps?

Kevin

PS.

manual RS3

Edited by kevin

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, kevin said:

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forum?

For calibration the RS modules needs to be added to the HC. After that, if your HC is powered off or defective, you can still use the switches that are connected to the module to control the blinds.

Regarding your question about adding them. Start adding the module that is close to the HC and then the module that is close to the HC second. The module that is the furthest away from the HC needs to be added last. Modules that are powered continuously (so not battery powered) are increasing the Z-Wave network. It’s called a Mesh network.

While adding them check if the checkbox Device is located far from Home Center is checked.

I hope this helps?

Kevin

PS.

manual RS3

Fantastic. Thank you very much Kevin. I am way more positive now and will keep you posted.

• Inquirer
  • Hey, 

i've managed ton include two of them in the cellar.   But I haven't even managed to include several RS3 into my system.

In the cellar, (distance to my HC2 about 5 and 10 meter) i had success more or less straight away.

But in the level above, only the physical s1 or s2 switch shows reaction. But when running the learn mode there is nothing happening on the HC2. Tried the B-Button and tripple clicks. Even reset etc. Even moved the HC2 in the same room.

I have about 18 more RS3 to include and starting to worry that the distance from the two running well to the next level is to far.  Even with mesh. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you 

When you start inclusion mode on your RS3, do you see the LED indicator blinking? 

What happens if you first exclude and than include. Please try to do this closely, 1-2meters.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, the lights do flash on the Rs3 when entering the learning mode. 

Ok... i'll try you're tipp and keep you posted.

thx

• Inquirer
  • Do you think it helps, too if I install my few smoke detector in the mean time?!  will they act as Mesh-Repeater? 

• Inquirer
  • Hey Guys,  all good.   T

hank you for your tipps.  

Indeed it works all straight away after having the HC2 just next to the RS3.  Now they are all working (even better after the firmwareupdate to 5.1..)  and the MeshNetwork they have established together allowed the remaining devices to be installed even more easier.

Thank you once again.

• Inquirer
  • Update:

We´ve just discovered, that the ROTO windows with automatic open/close function and inbuild Blind does not work with the RS3  as it is driven by 24Volt.    I am not going to try the

Qubino Flush Shutter DC Jalousiesteuerung 12-24V

Has any one experience with this device in combination with our HC2?

thanks

Best regards

Markus

• Inquirer
  • Another Update:

In the End,  due to the ROTO Windows beeing switched "potenzialfrei"  I had to go with the old Version of the "Fibaro Double Switch".  This one can be used for "open" and "Closing"  and a second one for "RollerBlind  open &Close". 
    Meaning, I am using two Doubles Switches per Window. 

FYI.

BR

Markus