Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Bug ?] Problem with email notification on HCL v.4.550

The Saint

Question

Hello, 

The problem in my HCL v.4.550 : 

When I create additional users and send them a notification email, the email is not received. 

While it worked perfectly in version 4.08...

I specify that's the email address generated by the Pushinbox service, for example: [email protected]

Regards.

16 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  •  

I answer myself : The problem does not come from the Pushinbox mail address assigned to my additional user.

I just replaced the email address with a classic Gmail address: same problem.

The email notification is not sent...

I have yet granted all possible rights to this user ...

The email notification is sent only when assigned to the "Super User" account.

Someone would have any idea ???

Edited by The Saint

@The Saint, I tried to reproduce the problem but a regular user assigned to my HC2 receives email notifications. The notifications that you do not receive are triggered by LUA scenes or for example by a sensor when a door is opened?

Have you also checked your spam/trash folder?

• Inquirer
  • @K.Drozynski Thanks for your answer. I have an HCL and the notification are trigered by a classic "graphic blocks scene". Nothing on my spam folder.

The mail notification is never send for an additional user. A v.4.550 Bug ?

@The Saint, our developers are aware of individual cases of problems related to push notifications and are currently looking into it. Is it possible to remove any of the scenes connected with the problem, create it once again and see if it triggers any notifications? Also, have you tried to use a backup with a previous version of firmware?

Hi
    Try putting a delay in the red box, for example 8 sec.
    I have many scenes that do not do what they should if there is no delay. (

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

read this!)

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @K.Drozynski same problem if I want to make an mail notification for an additional user in some other scenes. 

The notification only works for the "Super User" account.
    I have update for 4.56 : same problem...
    @hTiger1 same problem if i put a 10 sec delay...

@K.Drozynski I have bought a HC2 one week ago. In the beginning the mail and push function were working. Unfortunately after 3 days none of the Lua scenes that use sendMail or sendPush do actually send. The scene it self is executed. I am using version 4.560. I have no earlier firmware to rollback to. I have created new scenes for testing, but result is the same. I attach an example of a scene:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/1415877742_Schermafbeelding2019-12-09om09_24_38.png.389dc8b15219d2f8ac5062d8c034e97c.png" />

Let me know what I can do to help debugging this as this is very annoying and showstopper,

On 8/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, K.Drozynski said:

@The Saint, I tried to reproduce the problem but a regular user assigned to my HC2 receives email notifications. The notifications that you do not receive are triggered by LUA scenes or for example by a sensor when a door is opened?

Have you also checked your spam/trash folder?

There are multiple threads all reporting notifications both Push and email are not working. This has nothing got to do with LUA or spam folders. There is clearly a problem at the Fibaro end which if not fixed renders your systems useless as an alarm and safety system. Please fix it.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:23 AM, K.Drozynski said:

@The Saint, our developers are aware of individual cases of problems related to push notifications and are currently looking into it. Is it possible to remove any of the scenes connected with the problem, create it once again and see if it triggers any notifications? Also, have you tried to use a backup with a previous version of firmware?

Already tried this. It doesn't work.

We are aware that there have been some problems regarding notifications during the weekend, and our engineers are currently working on fixing the issue.

The problem should be resolved any moment now.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, K.Drozynski said:

We are aware that there have been some problems regarding notifications during the weekend, and our engineers are currently working on fixing the issue.

Thanks, yesterday some mail arrived late (starting from 13:00). Since then they are ok again. Thanks for speedy solution. All in all I am quite surprised and happy with the possibilities Fibaro HC2 offers in comparison with Homey of Athom.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:11 AM, K.Drozynski said:

I am still getting notification on only 1 device is getting the notification. I have 3 different users on my HC2 and only 1 is getting notification within device (notification from scenes is working properly). The device/user that gets notification is the first one added. I am using latest version of HC2 and apps. Already open a ticket at fibaro support, they requested remote access and the only thing they did was delete all iOS devices (which I did several time and had said that before).

My email:

I have two iPhones users (iPhone XsMax, iPhone XR). Both were receiving all notifications before. Then, suddenly (no upgrade - iOS, app, homecenter). Iphone XR is still working. iPhoneXsMax stop receiving direct notification from the fibaro devices config (eg door open, window open) - notifications from within scenes are still working as usual. 

Already tried to remove the device from HC2, create another user, delete iOS app, restart HC2, everything and nothing worked. It's a problem with this iPhone XsMax that started from nowhere. It seems that notifications sent from device config (eg door open) has this iPhone on blacklist. I don't know what to do.

My system: 
    HC2 4.560
    Iphone XsMax latest iOS (both apps) - push notification from device suddenly stopped working. push notification from within scenes works perfectly
    Iphone XR latest iOS (both apps) - push notification from device and from within scenes work perfectly (as usual)

@K.Drozynski any ideas on how to fix this?

OMG ... This is so frustrating. There is still some sort of issue with "sendEmail". It worked fine until the 9th this month and it's dead since then.

I am using clicksend.com's services to be able to send sms's, since Fibaro's own SMS service is not working in my country.

I basically have a Fibaro user with [email protected] and I use this user's id to sendEmail and receive sms in the event of alarm trigger.

Please login or register to see this code.

The script is Active in the Advanced configuration of the alarm panel. Once a sensor is triggered the alarm start counting and after some seconds it should send the push and the sms.
    The sendPush works, the sendEmail works only for the id of the main user, which is a normal gmail account. So it does not seem to work anymore for [email protected]. I did not update the system, happened all of the sudden.
    I tried recreating the scene, nothing.

The SMSs don't work, alarm panel works only with scripting workarounds ... every once in a while the system crashes, without means to reboot it remotely, had to create another workaround, a reboot scene, what do you know ... you can't, you need some VD workaround ...  and the list continues, now this. I keep trying to convince myself to go on with Fibaro systems, but honestly with all the competitors out there, it's being very difficult to stick with it with all those unresolved issues!

FRUSTRATING!

Edited by d4ni3l