Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

dimmer installation

dpopovic

Question

I have Fibaro Dimmer 2 to install and it seems I have trouble to understand instructions.

This picture shows my switch box and I have one live wire (brown one), one neutral wire (blue one) and one wire I do not know what is used for (green&yellow one).

I assume that it is used for communication among the switches because these lights can be switched on/off on two different switches on the opposite side of the corridor.

I checked brown wire and it has current when fuse is on. Others do not.

In all this I have live & neutral wire but I miss load wire which goes towards the bulbs.

Am I missing something here?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Hi, what was installed before? A wall outlet? 

Normally you only have ground (green yellow) only when there was a wall outlet. If you don't have a load wire there are 2 options:

1) Install a bypass as load and remotely control a lamp with other module installed at the lamp in the roof

2) install a switch 2, this works without A load wire and remotely control a module

• Inquirer
  • There was light switch.

this is how it looks when switch is connected.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If I was you, I would get an electrician in to sort this as you need to know electrics. Your life is more important than saving money. If you want cheap smart lighting then get the Ikea Tradfri or something similar.

The green and yellow wire is normally the earth. In some cases, some people use it for 2 way switching (you need a common) which is a big no no and highly illegal, well in the UK anyway.

There is not enough information to advise you if you want to carry on regardless of the safety issues.

From what you have stated, you have 2 switches controlling one light and only 2 wires for the light switch (live and switched live (brown + blue)). Research 2 way switching on a 2 wire system.

Edited by djashjones