Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem configuring Relay switch after Home Center Lite failure

Lyonmarco

Question

Good morning everyone and thank you for this fantastic forum.

As per subject, I had a failure on the Fibaro Home Center Lite and I had to reset it from scratch. I didn't have any backup so I reconfigured the few devices that were managed by that controller, not a big deal.

Unfortunately, I have several issue with a couple of Relay Switch 2 that were previously managed by the controller. After I have reconfigured the controller, there is no way to add those relays to it: if I try to add them nothing happens on the controller and the procedure for adding the device does not detect any new relays.

I wonder if this is related to the fact that those two relays were previously managed by the "broken" controller and they cannot be added to the reconfigured controller untill they are resetted.

What do you think about?

I tried also to reset the Relay switch following this

Please login or register to see this link.

unsuccesfully.

Thank you all for the great service, really appreciate.

Marco

1 answer to this question

Try putting the controller into delete mode and follow the deletion process for the Relays (deletion will reset the device) - following that it may be necessary to reset the device, but give the deletion process a try first.

** reset the device from the unit directly. if the deletion process doesn't work. and if the deletion process works, then adding should work from there! best of luck!