Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro when you extend system of new brands?

fingusio

@Fibaro

@T.Konopka
@K.Drozynski
@M.Baranowski
@M.Andrzejewska

when you extend system of new brands?

When you stop fix bug everytime and start add new things?

I spent over 1000$ and I'm sick of it. OK System work but the point is not to make smart home work and to please us only with updates that fix bugs and bring in novelties that nobody uses in practice 

Comparing Home Center 2 to Smartthings HUB you are like in the age of stone splitting - it is practically a week that the equipment from Samsung does not introduce very interesting solutions

and this is reflected in the fact that other devices implement cooperation with Smarthings, such as KASA devices - from today you can integrate

likewise, I've been waiting for over a year to enable detection of motion sensors in Alexa's assistant, door opening sensors in Routine in "When this happen"

I could write like this forever.....

and either change your approach to people and start listening to them or I personally leave your products and your world......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fingusio said:

OK System work but the point is not to make smart home work

Well, then what's the point anyway? ?

Comparing Home Center 2 to Smartthings HUB you are like in the age of stone splitting

What exactly do you compare? What features do you want to discuss? Or draw our attention to?

or over a year to enable detection of motion sensors in Alexa's assistant, door opening sensors in Routine in "When this happen"

What exactly do you want to achieve? How do you want to 'enable detection of motion sensors in Alexa"? Do you mean that you want to control them? How? What for? What do you want Alexa 'to do' with the Motion Sensor? Please, use clear examples so that we can actually respond to them. Especially, if you use Suggestion category :)

• Topic Author
  • Answer about Alexa Routines

Add in API possibility to discover Motion Sensors, Door sensor etc in Routines in "When this happend", like below 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

DEVICE

Edited by fingusio

@fingusio ,

Don't really understand why you need Alexa routine to be activated by motion sensor connected to HC2?

Can you give more specific explanation of what you want to achieve?

Have you think about that wish of yours and try to find out if it can be achieved differently and more safe way? Or you are just waiting for others to solve your problems?

Threatening here Fibaro that you will leave its solution does not help anyone and will achieve nothing. It was your responsibility to first investigate what kind of HA you want to have and research solutions before you spend like what 1000 US$?!

BTW (to all reading this) Making quality integrations is a very difficult task and requires to own device for which integration is made. You can't possibly expect that Fibaro will collect all IoT devices from the market and make integrations? Even if they are capable of doing so, do you think that once SONY or SAMSUNG TV  are integrated that problem is solved? Is it Fibaro's mistake that SONY and SAMSUNG are constantly changing their API's with every new device they put on the market making current integration invalid?

Regarding this "SMART" speakers like Alexa, Google etc. If you really care about SAFETY of your home then you should not asking for anything more than Fibaro already did. This are very dangerous devices once fully integrated to gateway of any kind not only Fibaro HC and if you still don't know why then I'm really feel sorry you.

The best solution would be that some consortium of HA producers make unification to the protocols used for IoT instead that they are using solutions that are not compatible with each others. As long as HA producers think that integrations are bad for their business and profits that will never happen, so it is up to the users to spent lots of time searching, investigating and programming to reach the goal. Are you ready to do that?

• Like 4

For me, I found it useful to ask Alexa what the temperature is, in various rooms.

For motion, getting alexa to say rude words when the wife triggers the motion sensor.

• Topic Author
  • 37 minut temu, djashjones napisał:

For motion, getting alexa to say rude words when the wife triggers the motion sensor.

Exacly. When the triggers any motion o lights (if possible) then Alexa can say some words or do other things

20 hours ago, fingusio said:
    21 hours ago, djashjones said:

Exacly. When the triggers any motion o lights (if possible) then Alexa can say some words or do other things

:-D:-D:-D  

I made a thread about adding support to send message to Google Home, so it can announce that Coffee is finish for example.

And it would be nice if a sensor is triggered, it could for example say something like. "The backdoor has been breached."

Maybe its things like that  @

Please login or register to see this link.

mean, @T.Konopka .

• Like 1

What's with all the drama...
    Much better doing this in a fully controlled custom DIY solution. 
    HA nowadays is nowhere near a fully "plug and play" state when you expect off-the-shelf devices to work together in utopian harmony.

You need to be able to DIY stuff, code stuff, solder stuff to get stuff to do whatever you want.

My solution for this was an Odroid N2 (an awesome device BTW) running a python service with my custom Restful API that Fibaro and other systems can use for text-to-speech requests (among other things).

The odroid audio is hooked up to a Dayton stereo mini-amp driving concealed speakers throughout the house. Not really a multi-zone solution, but I tried to keep it cheap and was too lazy to go multi-channel.

It uses free Google TTS service + local MP3 files storage (so if the same text is requested multiple times, only the first one goes to google over the net, rest are local playback) - speech is very natural and pleasant.

I run a central tts_service scene on my HC2 that all other scenes and VDs invoke to play TTS message.

A message can be prepended with a sound effect too and/or repeated several times.

Playback volume is based on time of day (different settings for day / evening / night that can be adjusted by VD sliders) - and if not provided - python side has its own YAML config file with default volume settings for each time of day.

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it works, is reliable, fully controllable and very flexible. What more can a geeky girl want?

Just throwing this here as a constructive alternative to bashing the vendors.

Live long and prosper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mika said:

HA nowadays is nowhere near a fully "plug and play" state when you expect off-the-shelf devices to work together in utopian harmony.

You need to be able to DIY stuff, code stuff, solder stuff to get stuff to do whatever you want.

My solution for this was an Odroid N2 (an awesome device BTW) running a python service with my custom Restful API that Fibaro and other systems can use for text-to-speech requests (among other things).

The odroid audio is hooked up to a Dayton stereo mini-amp driving concealed speakers throughout the house. Not really a multi-zone solution, but I tried to keep it cheap and was too lazy to go multi-channel.

It uses free Google TTS service + local MP3 files storage (so if the same text is requested multiple times, only the first one goes to google over the net, rest are local playback) - speech is very natural and pleasant.

I run a central tts_service scene on my HC2 that all other scenes and VDs invoke to play TTS message.

A message can be prepended with a sound effect too and/or repeated several times.

Playback volume is based on time of day (different settings for day / evening / night that can be adjusted by VD sliders) - and if not provided - python side has its own YAML config file with default volume settings for each time of day.

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it works, is reliable, fully controllable and very flexible. What more can a geeky girl want?

Live long and prosper.

I agree with you, but some people don't have the skills to DIY stuff, so I also understand the reaction of some Forum users. Nevertheless bashing has never been the right solution. 

Make peace, not war ?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, mika said:

Live long and prosper.

Don't see the drama :lol:.

Its just suggestions to Fibaro what to include in there releases.

I also have TTS, and the ability to play local Mp3 thru my Sonos speakers. I use one VD for TTS and another VD for Mp3.  Then I have SMB share with mp3 files thru the router.

But my main goal is that I want a clean home automation environment as possible.

And I do like DIY stuff. Made a solution with Fibaro that checks if the children wash there hands when they where on the toilet.

If they didn't the Sonos speaker announced "I believe you forgot to wash your hands" I don't believe Fibaro will release a complete solution for that :lol:  (Used one Fibaro flood sensor and a Door sensor to achieve that)

So no bashing from my side.

Only wishes what to include in releases and the smart home speakers is something I think they shall keep up the pace with, it will be awesome! 

Nah, they're not going to listen.

I stopped hoping to get any excitement from Fibaro when they released the new mobile app loaded with this powerful and awesome AI.

So, no expectations and not even bothering to suggest stuff, I don't think there are any ears pointed at this forum with serious intentions.

Still, the system is sorta usable as it is with external custom integrations.

I'd rather have them fixing zwave delays and giving the users proper zwave diagnostic tools / info.

• 1 month later...
    On 9/3/2019 at 3:08 AM, mika said:

I'd rather have them fixing zwave delays and giving the users proper zwave diagnostic tools / info.

Couldn't agree more with that!

On 9/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, mika said:

99% of Z-wave delays is user depended configuration, but I totally agree with more Z-Wave diagnostics features  user could fix the problem with no time.

I think you do get the point that whether it's 99%, 100% or 0% of problems created by users, is irrelevant. 

We need the tools to diagnose the root cause and then be able to fix problems ourselves. 

Edited by amilanov

What I meant that Fibaro cannot fix user created delays, but defiantly they need to provide some diagnostic tools to solve the problem.

For example by placing device too far from controller, will create delays and malfunction, I don't expect Fibaro to fix it, but since no proper diagnostic tools provided, I do expect from Fibaro support team to act as diagnostic tool and provide information "what is wrong" to user as much as possible or at least to recommend appropriate tools on forum (it's not a shame)

But from another hand, let's take home WiFi as an interesting example what we get used to...  when we have slow communication or disconnection on our cellphones, we just move closer to the router, that's all (no one calls support). In case when kids are playing games and wife is watching Netflix,  we don't complain that our network is slowdown and we have delays. The point that I try to clarify is since most of us have an understanding how WiFi works and what technology limits are, we are OK.

Based on your outstanding example, how you've fixed your Z-wave performance just by learning more about the system (using forum's provided tools) and now no crashes anymore and you're considering to stop scheduled system reboot, Wow... it should be a major guideline for others!

Don't understand me wrong, I do not blame users... but do expect from users not constantly to blame Fibaro on every issue. It just looks and sounds not fair to me. This forum is the place to learn and help... it's not Fibaro support site.

I hope you're understanding my point and what I mean....

At the end of this discussion, I'm wondering how many users that have issues and seeking tools for troubleshooting, have tried to use diagnostic tools provided in this forum as you did?

Regards Alex

Edited by cag014