Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zwave range issue on Home center lite

Ankit Gupta

Question

Hi All,

I am facing zwave range issue on home center lite. I have 8 dual relay installed at my home. One distant from another. I have one module installed at my main door outside the home at distance of 20-25m. There are walls and doors in between the HCL and my main door node. My HCL is installed inside my home . Now my farthest dual relay is not in the range of my HCL. And showing dead node. Is there any configuration setting where I can increase the range of the HCL or how can I bring my main door relay in the range of my HCL. Any help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

you can not boost the signal, but you can add repeaters between that node and the hcl

(dedicated repeater of other 230volt actors, like wallplug)

1 hour ago, akatar said:

you can not boost the signal, but you can add repeaters between that node and the hcl

sure?

maybe a little bit?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

@10der for boosting a radio signal you need a signal amplifier, as far as i know there are none for zwave. (only repeaters)

Ofcourse you can use a bigger antenne (length is VERY important, 

(The wavelength of a frequency

Please login or register to see this link.

v / f, where v is the speed of the transmission and f is the (average) transmission frequency. In air, v is equal to c, the speed of light, which is 299.792.458 m/s. The wavelength for the 868 MHz band is thus 299.792.458 / 868.000.000 = 34,54 cm. Half of this is 17,27 cm and a quarter is 8,63 cm.)

but user a bigger antenne is something else then boosting a signal

4 minutes ago, akatar said:

but user a bigger antenne is something else then boosting a signal

agreed

@10der just to complete the story

there a no zwave amplifiers because they don't work.

it's a bit like this

when we are 100 meters away from echother, you won't hear me and i won't hear you.

i can use a amplifier with big speakers and you will hear me, but i still can't hear you

put 10 people between us and they can repeat the words and we will hear eachother (takes a couple of seconds) like mesh network

that's the same reason that boosting you wifi router won't do a thing, you phones etc can not shout harder