Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Firmware 4.6 available/scope?

oajungen

Question

In the latest HC2 firmware update an update for the Heat Controller to 4.6 is mentioned. Great news!

When can we expect such an update for the Heat Controller and is already clear what the scope of the update will be?

I am asking because with the upcoming heating season it would be great if the Heat Controller will work more precise.

10 answers to this question

Hi,

Aren't you satisfied with firmware 4.5? Could you share your opinion? Did you find any big issue?

I am also waiting for more info about 4.6. Release note and planned release date.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Firmware 4.5 is oké but still much room for improvement. Especially when difference between requested and current temperature is small. The FGT stays closed way to much/completely in this situation. So it takes for ever to raise temperature by let's say 0,5C. In my situation this will mean the boiler is heating way to long to raise the temperature only a little bit. Wast of energy and not comfortable. If this isn't solved with 4.6, I am going to switch to Honeywell Evohome before heating seasons really starts. I think auto calibration is part of the issue. When I turn the FGT off/on it works oke till auto calibration on Wednesday noon. I am using external temperature sensors on all FGT's.

To be honest I am using 10 of the FGT's for almost two years now, but never have been (really) happy with them. With 4.5 it is "oke" with earlier firmware releases it was really bad.

So really looking forward to the release notes and date of 4.6

Edited by oajungen

Any news?

I just sent back my valves to my reseller in order to update them... I would like to know if I have to ask them to wait few days to make the fw update...

On the Fibaro heat controller official product page, they already specify that manual is applicable from 4.0 to... 4.6!

Thanks to give me feedback, I don't have any HC to check whether the update is available or not...

Thanks!

Hello,

New version 4.6 is not available for Heat Controllers on the market now. It is available for 2nd gen, that has some HW changes. Gen 2 Heat Controllers are not on the market, yet.

That is what I've been told. I expect them to pop in market before end or after heating season.

Uhm, will the firmware be available to v1? I kinda feel like I literally wasted my money. First heating season was a complete disaster, second heating season will be probably ok with firmware v4.5 – if I manage to develop SmartThings handler – and that's all? Third season just buy new HW? I don't have a problem with new HW being released, not at all. But I am really scared about supporting the old one and oh boy is it still needed.

• Inquirer
  • I fully agree to this post. 

Oh boy we released to soon, have HW issues. Let's make another one. Please don't forget loyal customers. I invested almost a €1000 in FGT's  which still doesn't work as advertised. And.... more people will be in a similar situation unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Toka_ said:

Uhm, will the firmware be available to v1? I kinda feel like I literally wasted my money. First heating season was a complete disaster, second heating season will be probably ok with firmware v4.5 – if I manage to develop SmartThings handler – and that's all? Third season just buy new HW? I don't have a problem with new HW being released, not at all. But I am really scared about supporting the old one and oh boy is it still needed.

Edited by oajungen

@Toka_ and @oajungen,

Firmware 4.6 is only initial for gen 2 to get it controlled via HC properly.

Later firmwares will be same for both generations of Heat controllers. But we are talking for following years.

Still gen 2 will probably hit market in next year. I do not think, it appears in this year.

I disagree that it is hw issue. 

We have external temp senros. We have knowledge about calibration. There is possibility to change valve position fluently... 

It may be handled even in easiest way. If temp sensor shows more than desired temp than heater is off,(or slowly going to off) when lowet than it is on. 

I know... I know, advanced algorithms... But if they are still faulty and unsatisfied for customer than maybe Fibaro could add something like 'BASIC mode' to satisfy people in minimal way. 

For me such solution would be Perfect because by knowing temp i could wrote some alghoritm to manage it. Now it is impossible because heat controller works in unpredictible way (advanced alghoritms) :)

Fully agree. I just bought 7 FGT-001 to set heating for my home. I'm new to this and new to Fibaro. But I had no problems with lights, electricity, simple scenes.

But I am so disappointed with heat control. My home is simply not heating up! The temperature is always below the set temperature! I don't want advanced algorithm, only to fully open if below heat and fully close when the temperature is reached. Or implement a +-0.2°C treshold up and down.

I would be completely satisfied. And now I have to look into LUA scripts and I am not a programmer...I wasted a lot of money...