Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant to drive Irrigation Solenoid

Mist

Question

I have 4 x 24v AC Solenoids for irrigation that I would like to integrate with my HC2.

I'm trying to avoid using a FGS-222 as I would like to keep it all low voltage. 

The Smart Implants have a Max. AC output of 20VAC (although some websites selling the device state 24VAC).

I can either see if the Implant will handle 24vAC or (and this is where I get confused) try drive a relay with the Implant.

I do have 24vDC power available where the implant would be installed.

Any ideas on how I might be able to achieve this?

6 answers to this question

Since outputs are dry contacts, I don't think 20 or 24VAC  will be an issue... just Do not load the device outputs with a current exceeding 150mA

Another solution (I'm using that one) is to switch Solenoids power supply by FGS-222.

Edited by cag014

On 10/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, cag014 said:

Since outputs are dry contacts, I don't think 20 or 24VAC  will be an issue... just Do not load the device outputs with a current exceeding 150mA

Another solution (I'm using that one) is to switch Solenoids power supply by FGS-222.

I am doing exactly that with the FGS-221 and its been working like a charm..

• Inquirer
  • Thank you both for your replies.

Don't both the FGS-221 and 222 need to be powered by 240VAC?

Yes, they are..

For 24v see

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by cag014

I plan to use a smart implant to drive a solenoid too.  I will get a 12V DC solenoid though, that way I can power the implant and the solenoid from the same power supply.  The smart implant will connect to the 12V coil of a slave relay, and the contacts of the relay will switch the solenoid on and off.  The slave relay is needed because the smart implant can not supply enough current to drive the solenoid directly, as cag014 notes.

I'm also eyeing off the Soil moisture sensor vegetronix vh400, connected to the smart implant's sensor input.   I'll write some logic to stop the irrigation if the soil is already wet enough.  If anyone has done this before I'd be keen to hear?

Hi,

Im useing 2 RGBW steering 8 Valves since 3 Years.

4 valves each are connected to the same watertube.  Due to water pressure i can open only 1 of 4. Also my valves are built for 24V AC I use 19V DC powersupply 3A that came with old notebooks.

Since RGBW uses PWM to dimm LED's i configured output  as switch. So Red-output means flowers, Green-output -> lawnNorth, Blue-output -> lawnSouth and so on.

I use gardena ArtNr 1278

Please login or register to see this image.

Erfasster Bildschirmausschnitt: 07.11.2019 16:14

image.png.eca32346c552e6fcda97162790b529df.png

Edited by ggoetz56