Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Smart Home Event Announcements on Google Home

drasisautomation

Question

Hello!

I have made a small video guide showing a way to announce Fibaro Smart Home events (like someone ringing a doorbell) on Google Home by using Node-Red in between. Might be useful to people who are looking for things like this. 

Video Link:  

Please login or register to see this link.

• Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

@drasisautomation Thanks for sharing, great work indeed!

I have purchased 2 google home mini and the package is on the way, I also would like to make google home speaks for different event from fibaro.

Before moving to google home mini, right now I am using a fibaro scene as "middleware" and parse the event message to a TTS android app which was developed by another forum users here.

One of my scenes is doing time report every half hour, it stores every TTS message to a globalvariable so there are 24 TTS messages in that scene. If using VD approach, I will need to create 48 buttons for 1 event scene.

Can you help develop a scene which parses every TTS message stores in a particular globalVar to Node Red? Many thanks!

Also I would like know is it possible to send the message to different google mini.  As the example of time report above, I would like to have 2 mini to speak "10 PM" at the same time.

Edited by Sirhideo

Amazing! I was using node-red with home assistant and it is a powerful tool! Thank you for sharing this with us! Keep up the good work ✌

• Inquirer
  • On 11/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, Sirhideo said:

@drasisautomation Thanks for sharing, great work indeed!

I have purchased 2 google home mini and the package is on the way, I also would like to make google home speaks for different event from fibaro.

Before moving to google home mini, right now I am using a fibaro scene as "middleware" and parse the event message to a TTS android app which was developed by another forum users here.

One of my scenes is doing time report every half hour, it stores every TTS message to a globalvariable so there are 24 TTS messages in that scene. If using VD approach, I will need to create 48 buttons for 1 event scene.

Can you help develop a scene which parses every TTS message stores in a particular globalVar to Node Red? Many thanks!

Also I would like know is it possible to send the message to different google mini.  As the example of time report above, I would like to have 2 mini to speak "10 PM" at the same time.

You could still retain the use the same global variable. Instead of sending a simple GET message from VD, you will have to use Lua based coding in virtual device. So you will need to create 1 button only, but the button code in lua must do this:

1. Read the Fibaro global variable containing the time

2. Substitute in the GET command and fire it. 

The downside is you cant do this from HCL (since it lacks lua)

Yea, you can send the message to multiple Minis. You need to add a new mini node (givnig its IP address) and redirect the message to that also(This is shown at the very last part of the video)

Hello,

Can we play music on Google home from Fibaro VD? I want to put a Google home in bathroom and play music when lights are on.

Now I use Sonos for this, but I found nice Google home mini ceiling mount.

Thanks 

• Like 1